- Title: TI Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop: Minneapolis, MN
- When: 07.18.2020 - 07.18.2020
- Where: YWCA of Minneapolis - Downtown - Minneapolis
- Category: Level 2: Freestyle Workshop
Minneapolis, MN - July 18, 2020
TUITION: $275.00/person, $445.00/person if 2-3 register & pay together. Discounts available for members of the Minneapolis YWCA. Unfortunately, there is no reciprocity with the YMCA.
PAYMENT TYPE: Credit Card
REGISTRATION: CLICK HERE to register.
CONTACT: For more information please contact Dave Cameron at 612.215.4224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DESCRIPTION: Smart Speed refines the mechanics learned in Level 1- Total Immersion Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop with clear practice strategies to consolidate the various stroke components into effective whole stroke swimming. Learn to structure your pool sessions and build efficiency-reinforcing focal points into every lap, making every practice an investment in skill acquisition, endurance and speed. We’ll dive into the metrics of tempo and stroke length to teach you how to generate and sustain velocity. We’ll transform your freestyle. Develop a stroke that is faster, easier, and more efficient for the long haul. Swim faster with smarter choices, instead of greater effort. You'll learn:
1. Swimming ‘Gears’, Learn your own best swimming gears . . . like those on a bicycle. Change speeds simply by adding a stroke to your count. Discover your best range of 3 stroke counts for this skill, and practice using them with expert guidance.
2. The Magic of a Tempo Trainer is an improvement-minded swimmer’s best friend. Use it to make striking gains in efficiency--then convert that efficiency into more speed. Sometimes in 15 minutes or less and with an ease that will surprise you.
3. The Math of Speed The equation Stroke Length x Stroke Rate (SL x SR) is the only exact and guaranteed predictor of how fast you’ll swim. Learn simple exercises and formulas for creating and solving speed problems. Also learn the combination of SPL+Tempo that precisely matches your present level of skill and fitness.
PREREQUISITES: Swimmers should have taken the TI Level 1 course - Effortless Endurance Freestyle or the equivalent of training.
with athletes from complete beginner to professional triathlete.
SCHEDULE: Our schedule will be as follows (subject to minor revision):
09:30 am Check-in
09:30 am - 10:30 am Orientation and foundational instruction (in the classroom).
10:30 am - 12:30 pm 1st underwater videotaping and group instruction in the pool.
12:00 pm - 01:30 pm Lunch (Bring a bag lunch). There are also carryout restaurants within a block of the pool.
01:30 pm - 03:00 pm Classroom workshop and review of video #1.
03:00 pm - 04:45 pm Group instruction in the pool and 2nd underwater videotaping.
WHAT TO BRING:
For the classroom: Medical Release form & Easy Freestyle Users Guide sent to you on registration
For the pool: An extra suit and towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim, and an extra pair of goggles. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. Nose-plugs can be very helpful in avoiding distraction in Sweet Spot, in wavy conditions. You may also want to bring a thermal rash-guard type shirt or vest for extra warmth in the pool.
For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, a 50% refund can be provided or a transfer to a later workshop with the YWCA is available.
No refund will be issued for cancellations less 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop unless a doctor’s note can be provided.
- Venue: YWCA of Minneapolis - Downtown
- City: Minneapolis
- State: MN