- Title: TI Effortless Endurance & Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop: Minneapolis, MN
- When: 06.27.2020 - 06.28.2020
- Where: YWCA of Minneapolis - Downtown - Minneapolis
- Category: Level 1 and 2: Freestyle Workshop
Minneapolis, MN - June 27-28, 2020
TUITION: $495.00/person, $445.00/person if 2-3 register & pay together. Discounts available for members of the Minneapolis YWCA. Unfortunately, there is no reciprocity with the YMCA.
PAYMENT TYPE: Credit Card
REGISTRATION: CLICK HERE to register.
CONTACT: For more information please contact Dave Cameron at 612.215.4224 or email@example.com.
DESCRIPTION: This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable comfort in the water. This two-day course takes you through the following:
LEVEL 1 - Effortless Endurance for the TI foundation- drills and skills to correct all of the stroke faults and habits that keep athletes from swimming smoothly without effort. We’ll get and in-depth progression towards a stroke the offers continuing possibilities for improvement, and move through skill work to finish the day finding efficient, effortless stroke segments.
LEVEL 2 - Smart Speed With the foundation established on day 1, we’ll continue fine-tuning skill sets in breathing, two beat kick, propulsion, recovery, and more. We’ll film from multiple angles above and underwater in both pool sessions, so there will be extensive video analysis and post-workshop focus lists for each swimmer. All film clips will be available on a private dropbox folder.
with athletes from complete beginner to professional triathlete.
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your Body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe Easy - We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
SCHEDULE: Our schedule will be as follows (subject to minor revision):
09:30 - 10:30 Orientation and foundational instruction (in the classroom)
10:30 - 12:30 1st underwater videotaping and group instruction in the pool
12:30 - 01:30 Lunch (Bring a bag lunch) There are also carryout restaurants within a block of the pool
01:30 - 03:00 Classroom workshop and review of video #1
03:00 - 04:45 Group instruction in the pool and 2nd underwater videotaping
07:30 Locker rooms available
08:00 - 09:30 Group instruction in the pool and 3rd underwater videotaping
09:30 - 11:00 Classroom workshop and review of videos 2 and 3
11:00 - 12:00 Lunch (Bring a bag lunch)
12:00 - 01:30 Group instruction in the pool and 4th underwater videotaping
01:30 - 02:30 Classroom wrap-up
WHAT TO BRING:
For the classroom: Medical Release form & Easy Freestyle Users Guide sent to you on registration
For the pool: An extra suit and towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim, and an extra pair of goggles. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. Nose-plugs can be very helpful in avoiding distraction in Sweet Spot, in wavy conditions. You may also want to bring a thermal rash-guard type shirt or vest for extra warmth in the pool.
For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, a 50% refund can be provided or a transfer to a later workshop with the YWCA is available.
No refund will be issued for cancellations less 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop unless a doctor’s note can be provided.
- Venue: YWCA of Minneapolis - Downtown
- City: Minneapolis
- State: MN