- Title: TI Effortless Endurance & Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop: Santa Fe, NM
- When: 10.13.2018 - 10.14.2018
- Where: Santa Fe Community College - Santa Fe
- Category: Level 1 and 2: Freestyle Workshop
- Click Here To Register
October 13-14, 2018
William Witter Fitness Education Center on the campus of Santa Fe Community College located at 6401 Richards Ave. Santa Fe, NM 87508.
$595.00/person for both days. Interested in just one of the courses? $295.00 for the one day (Saturday) TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop CLICK HERE. $295 for the one day (Sunday) TI Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop CLICK HERE. Discounts available for Santa Fe Community College students and faculty or discounts available for 2 or more people signing up at the same time. Please contact email@example.com.
Contact: For more information please contact Denise Edkins at 800-607-7946 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: This two-day course takes you through all the Total Immersion drills and numerous strategies for full stroke mechanics. Resulting in a freestyle that is faster, easier, and more efficient for the long haul. Numerous video sessions will be uploaded for free to Dropbox for your viewing after the clinic, including instructor narration to remind you of your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable comfort in the water.
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe easy - We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
(Subject to minor revisions)
09:00 am - Check-in
09:00 am - 10:30 am - Orientation and foundational instruction (in the classroom)
10:30 am - 12:30 pm - 1st underwater videotaping and group instruction in the pool
12:30 pm - 01:30 pm - Lunch (Bring a bag lunch or carryout nearby.)
01:30 pm - 03:00 pm - Classroom workshop and review
of video #1
03:00 pm - 05:00 pm - Group instruction in the pool and 2nd underwater videotaping
09:00 am - 11:00 am - Group instruction in the pool and 3rd underwater videotaping
11:00 am - 12:00 am - Classroom workshop and review of videos 2 and 3
12:00 am - 01:00 pm - Lunch (Bring a bag lunch or carryout nearby.)
01:00 pm - 02:30 pm - Group instruction in the pool and 4th underwater videotaping
02:30 pm - 04:00 pm - Classroom wrap-up
Medical Release form & Easy Freestyle Users Guide sent to you on registration
An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim, an extra pair of goggles – mirrored goggles are best, but tinted would be good, too. Waterproof sun block, rash guard or sun shirt (if you burn easily), SPF lip protection. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. You will also need a Tempo Trainer for the Smart Speed portion of the workshop. CLICK HERE to purchase a Tempo Trainer.
No refund will be issued for cancellations less than 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop. For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, any monies paid above the $100 deposit will be refunded in full. The $100 deposit per person remains non-refundable, but may be transferred to any future workshop within one year of initial registration. A transfer fee of $100 will apply.
- Venue: Santa Fe Community College
- City: Santa Fe
- State: NM