Total Immersion methods for technique and teaching have been recognized as revolutionary for over two decades. Over the next few months, we will introduce a training methodology we believe is equally revolutionary.
We call it Fast Forward Training. Because it’s forward thinking. And because it improves endurance, speed—and, yes technique too—faster than any other approach to training currently in use.
Fast Forward Training is:
- Deep: Guided by the proven behavioral principles of Deep Practice.
- Personal: Customized for each individual, not one-size-fits-all.
- Targeted: Pursues incremental and immediate improvements in the athlete’s existing capabilities in the skills that win races.
- Specific: Every practice and set includes concrete objectives—and the means for swimmers to empirically track their progress towards them.
- Learnable: Athletes can quickly learn to plan, assess, and adjust their own training. Set any goal . . . and achieve it.
Fast Forward training has been in development for over a decade. Dozens of TI coaches have tested it ourselves, and used it with swimmers we coach directly. In every instance, Fast Forward has proven superior to any training approaches we had personally used previously, and any methods we had used while coaching others.
In my own case, that includes 50 years of personal experience training and racing, and over 40 years coaching from novices to elites–including dozens of U.S.A., NCAA, and YMCA national champions.
We finally feel prepared to introduce Fast Forward training to larger numbers of swimmers in books, videos, and on-line courses.
I’m excited to announce the ‘World Premier’ of Fast Forward: 12 week Training Program, available now to a limited number of athletes inside the Total Immersion Swim Academy.
The course is being led by TI Master Coach Suzanne Atkinson, M.D. Suzanne’s course is designed to prepare swimmers for a lifetime best performance in a distance between 1500 and 2000 meters. For triathletes, that means for an Olympic or Half-Iron distance swim.
CLICK HERE to learn more about the Total Immersion Swim Academy, our online swim training center.
To learn more about the course—and a bit about Fast Forward Training—please watch this video chat between Suzanne and me.
In weeks to come, please watch this space for
* Announcements and details on Fast Forward Training;
* Tips on how to try it for yourself
* Excerpts from my coming ebook on Fast Forward Training
* And stories from athletes on their experiences training the Fast Forward Way.