- Title: TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop: Repulse Bay, Hong Kong
- When: 04.01.2023 - 04.01.2023
- Where: The Repulse Bay Club - Hong Kong
- Category: Freestyle Workshop
Repulse Bay, Hong Kong - April 1, 2023
TUITION: 2500HKG for Level 1.0 Effortless Endurance
PAYMENT TYPE: Credit Card
REGISTRATION: please see contact information
CONTACT: For more information please contact TI Coaches Karen Robertson and Sandra Taylor at email@example.com.
DESCRIPTION: This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable level of comfort in the water. We often have newer swimmers and veteran triathletes learning at the same time to improve their speed and efficiency, and the TI foundation allows ALL swimmers to progress together. Our coaches are some of the most active Total Immersion Directors who have worked with athletes from complete beginner to professional triathlete. This workshop includes expert instruction, individualized feedback and detailed video analysis. It is recommended for people who can swim at least 50 m or more of crawl stroke who have studied TI skills previously with DVDs, books or had lessons from a TI Coach. *Note: Participants must be able to swim 100 meters to attend this workshop.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS WORKSHOP?
• New swimmers who want to develop great habits (but can swim 50m front crawl unaided)
• Swimmers who have struggled to improve.
• Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice.
• Long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
• Open Water swimmers looking to make their stroke more efficient.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
LEVEL 1 - EFFORTLESS ENDURANCE - Learn the core TI stroke mechanics that have transformed thousands. Effortless Endurance sets the table for efficient swimming by developing proper alignment and balance in the water. This builds a reliable foundation upon which we add core rotation, proper limb orientation/movements, and breathing skills. Our carefully planned learning sequences ensure you’ll make near-instant progress. In only one-day we guarantee you’ll walk out a better, smarter swimmer. As with all of our courses, the coaches are in the water with you providing hands on help and video feedback. You'll learn:
• Balance and Stability: Become 'weightless' by learning to cooperate with gravity instead of fighting it. Learning balance transforms struggle into smoothness and calms churning legs. It also brings the body control and mental calm necessary to learn every skill that follows.
• Sleek and Slippery: Learn to move through water, rather than move it around, by shaping your body to be longer, better aligned, more hydrodynamic; and Stroking in ways that minimize waves and turbulence. Slippery swimming means that you travel farther and easier on each stroke.
• Whole Body Propulsion: Replace churning with effortless power by connecting arm and leg actions to rhythmic, relaxed weight shifts initiated in the core. Instead of generating muscular force you’ll direct 'available' forces of body mass and gravity.
03:30 pm - 04:30 pm Wrap-up and review of video #2
WHAT TO BRING:
For the classroom: A pen/notebook or your favorite note taking device.
For the pool: An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim (we recommend), a swim cap (one will be provided), an extra pair of goggles – mirrored goggles are best, but tinted would be good, too. Flip flops or waterproof shoes. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. Something warm to wear after the swim. A water bottle and light lunch and/or snacks.
- Venue: The Repulse Bay Club
- City: Hong Kong