- Title: TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop: Coventry, UK
- When: 11.17.2019 - 12.22.2019
- Where: King Henry VIII School - Coventry
- Category: Level 1: Freestyle Workshop
Six Sundays - Nov. 17 - Dec 22, 2019
WHEN: This is a six-week course introducing all the foundation skills of front crawl. The course takes place every Sunday, 7:30 pm-8:30 pm on November 11th and 24th and December 1st, 8th, 15th and 22nd.
PAYMENT TYPE: Credit Card
REGISTRATION: To register please CLICK HERE and then click on the green "REGISTER" button on the top right.
CONTACT: Please email email@example.com or telephone 07971627428
YOUR COACH: Workshop Director Penny Wilkin is the only Total Immersion coach who is also a BTF (British Triathlon Federation) level 3 coach. Penny is also a BTF certified Open Water Coach, a level 2 ASA swim teacher, and a certified Ironman Coach. She has competed six Ironman events and swam the English Channel three times as part of a six person relay team.
The swimmer to coach ratio will be 5 to 1 ensuring you get the best individual attention.
DESCRIPTION: This is a six-week course introducing all the foundation skills of front crawl. There is also a classroom based theory session, which takes place on Tuesday November 19th at 6.30pm. The course is aimed at people who can already swim and are comfortable in the deep end, but want to learn or improve their front crawl and is suitable for people swimming for fitness, fun or triathlon. Teaching is delivered by a fully qualified Total Immersion Swimming Instructor and Triathlon Coach in a small group of swimmers. Video analysis above and below the water is included at the start and finish of the course.
Who should take this workshop?
• New swimmers who want to develop great habits (but can swim 50m front crawl unaided)
• Swimmers who have struggled to improve
• Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice
• Long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
If you want to:
• Be able to swim a mile or more and not feel exhausted when you finish
• Swim confidently in open water
• Finish the swim leg of a triathlon with energy left for the bike and run
• Swim faster with less effort
Then this is the workshop for you.
What will you learn?
• You will learn the principles of Total Immersion swimming including breathing, balance and streamlining.
• Understand the principles of efficient front crawl swimming so that you understand how to improve, what to avoid and
common myths of swimming.
• Using a mixture of classroom time and pool time you will learn in small bite size chunks one step at a time.
• You will learn how to practice and integrate your learning into your regular swimming and training.
• Using video analysis you will see yourself swim both under the water and above water and with the help of some video analysis will learn precisely what you need to do to improve.
WHAT TO BRING:
For the classroom: Easy Freestyle Users Guide sent to you on registration. A pen/notebook or your favorite note taking device.
For the pool: An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim (we recommend), a swim cap (one will be provided), an extra pair of goggles. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. Something warm to wear after the swim.
I'm a Triathlete will this workshop help me swim faster?
Yes. We will teach you how to be more efficient and relaxed in the water so that you swim faster and save energy. Video analysis will show you where you can improve, and we will give you all the drills and skills needed to practice in your own time.
I'm not a Triathlete or open water swimmer. I just like swimming indoors for fitness and fun. Is the workshop suitable?
Yes. We work with anyone who likes swimming and wants to learn more, whatever your goals. We will teach you how to be efficient and relaxed in the water so that you can enjoy your swimming even more.
I can't swim at all is this course suitable?
This course is suitable for people who can already swim and able to swim 50m front crawl unsupported and be confident in the deep end of a swimming pool. If you are not yet at this stage please get in touch with us to book some one-to-one lessons or find out about our other courses.
I can only swim breast stroke. Is this course suitable for me?
The course is aimed at people who can swim 50m of front crawl and want to improve. If you're not sure then please get in touch to find out if the workshop is suitable, or how else we can help.
How fit do I need to be? Will the sessions be physically tiring?
This course is about learning good technique so does not involve swimming lots of hard lengths. This means that it shouldn't be physically tiring and you don't need to be especially fit to enjoy the day, However, learning something new can sometimes be mentally tiring especially as we will be giving you lots of information throughout the day.
Is there a minimum age requirements to enter the event?
This course is aimed at adult swimmers so the minimum age is 18.
What do I need to bring with me?
Please bring your swimming costume or trunks, goggles and a towel. You may like to bring a couple of each so that you have a dry costume and towel for the second session session. Swim hats will be provided.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
University Train station is a 5 minute walk. Birmingham has an excellent motorway network and The Morris Centre is 20-30min drive from the M5, M42 and M6 making it easily accessible by car. Car Parking.
What's the refund policy?
Unfortunately refunds can't be offered, but where ever possible we will try to transfer you to a different workshop or course.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07971627428
- Venue: King Henry VIII School
- City: Coventry