- Title: TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop: New Windsor, NY
- When: 12.14.2019 - 12.14.2019
- Where: Union Avenue Community Fitness Center - New Windsor
- Category: Level 1: Freestyle Workshop
- Click Here To Register
December 14, 2019
Union Avenue Community Fitness Center, 565 Union Ave, New Windsor, NY 12553, 845-561-4700. This location is convenient to New York City, Long Island, New Jersey and Connecticut.
BY TRAIN: There are two train lines that service the New Windsor, NY area. The Port Jervis Line via Penn Station (transfer at Secaucus) stops in Salisbury Mills, minutes from New Windsor. The Hudson Line from Grand Central stops in Beacon, on the other side of the Hudson River from New Windsor. The cheapest way to get from Beacon to New Windsor (3 miles) is by taxi which costs $35 - $45 and takes 10m.
BY CAR: It takes approximately 2 hours to drive to New Windsor, NY from NYC. The best route is via the Palisades Interstate Parkway North. Plan a weekend trip with your friends and/or family. There are many terrific things to do near New Windsor including apple picking, hiking, kayaking, biking, motorcycling, running, and swimming. There is also fun shopping and fine dining. (We are near the Culinary Institute so there are many fantastic restaurants in the area). New Paltz, NY is only a 36 minute drive away. We can suggest lodging. CLICK HERE for the best fun things to do near New Windsor, NY.
$395.00/person. Discounts are available for 2 or more people signing up together as well as other group discounts. Special rates for active duty fire, police, and service people. Please contact Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this class will be limited to 6 people MAX. Don't hesitate, sign-up today!
: Credit Card
CONTACT: For more information please contact Denise Edkins email@example.com
LEVEL 1 - EFFORTLESS ENDURANCE - For the TI foundation- drills and skills to correct all of the stroke faults and habits that keep athletes from swimming smoothly without effort. We’ll get and in-depth progression towards a stroke the offers continuing possibilities for improvement, and move through skill work to finish the day finding efficient, effortless stroke segments. You'll learn:
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your Body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe Easy - We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable comfort in the water.
This workshop includes expert instruction, individualized feedback and detailed video analysis. It is recommended for people who can swim at least 50 m or more of crawl stroke, who have studied TI skills previously with DVDs, books or had lessons from a TI Coach.
Our schedule will be as follows (subject to minor revision):
Note: Pool is a comfortable indoor heated pool
12:00 pm - 01:00 pm - Check in & Classroom Workshop (in larger classroom)
01:15 pm - 03:15 pm - Group instruction in the pool, 1st videotaping
03:15 pm - 04:15 pm - Classroom Workshop/working lunch (in larger classroom)
04:15 pm - 06:15 pm - Group instruction and 2nd videotaping in the pool
06:30 pm - 07:30 pm - Video analysis and wrap-up classroom
Easy Freestyle Users Guide sent to you on registration. A pen/notebook or your favorite note taking device.
An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim (we recommend), a swim cap (one will be provided), an extra pair of goggles – mirrored goggles are best, but tinted would be good, too. Flip flops or waterproof shoes. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. Something warm to wear after the swim. A water bottle and light lunch and/or snacks.
No refund will be issued for cancellations less than 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop. For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, any monies paid above the $100 deposit will be refunded in full. The $100 deposit per person remains non-refundable, but may be transferred to any future workshop within one year of initial registration. A transfer fee of $100 will apply.
- Venue: Union Avenue Community Fitness Center
- City: New Windsor
- State: NY