TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop
Yellow Springs, OH: June 8, 2019
LOCATION: Antioch Wellness Center, 240 E. South College St., Yellow Springs, OH 45387, 937-319-0100. Instruction will take place in the comfort of a Warm Indoor Teaching Pool.
TUITION: $295.00/person - ONE DAY - 8:00 am - 4:45 pm. Discounts available when 2 or more people sign up together or for swimming clubs, in service military, firefighters, police and rescue workers groups. Email email@example.com
PAYMENT TYPE: Credit Card
CONTACT: For more information please contact Denise Edkins at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE COACHES: A great opportunity to work with Terry Laughlin's sister, seasoned Coach Peg Laughlin. Like her brother, Terry Laughlin, Peg has been swimming her whole life. She swam competitively at Herricks High School, had a self-guided, long-distance practice at the University of Northern Colorado, and had regular, private training from Terry Laughlin for 14 years. Alice has over 25 year of experience and has coached hundreds of workshops, open water camps, as well as private lessons. Join this incredible team for a great day.
DESCRIPTION: This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable level of comfort in the water. We often have newer swimmers and veteran triathletes learning at the same time to improve their speed and efficiency, and the TI foundation allows ALL swimmers to progress together. Our coaches are some of the most active Total Immersion Directors who have worked with athletes from complete beginner to professional triathlete. This workshop includes expert instruction, individualized feedback and detailed video analysis. It is recommended for people who can swim at least 50 m or more of crawl stroke who have studied TI skills previously with DVDs, books or had lessons from a TI Coach.
Who will benefit from this workshop?
• New swimmers who want to develop great habits (but can swim 50m front crawl unaided)
• Swimmers who have struggled to improve.
• Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice.
• Long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
• Open Water swimmers looking to make their stroke more efficient.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
LEVEL 1 - EFFORTLESS ENDURANCE - Learn the core TI stroke mechanics that have transformed thousands. Effortless Endurance sets the table for efficient swimming by developing proper alignment and balance in the water. This builds a reliable foundation upon which we add core rotation, proper limb orientation/movements, and breathing skills. Our carefully planned learning sequences ensure you’ll make near-instant progress. In only one-day we guarantee you’ll walk out a better, smarter swimmer. As with all of our courses, the coaches are in the water with you providing hands on help and video feedback. You'll learn:
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your Body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe Easy - We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
SCHEDULE: Our schedule will be as follows (subject to minor revision):
Note: Pool is a comfortable 82 degrees
SATURDAY - ONE DAY
08:00 am - 08:30 am - check in and introductions
08:30 am - 09:30 am - classroom workshop
09:45 am - 11:45 am - group instruction in the pool (1st video)
12:00 pm - 01:15 pm - lunch and classroom instruction (1st Vid analysis)
01:30 pm - 03:30 pm - group instruction on the pool (2nd video)
03:45 pm - 04:45 pm - video analysis and wrap up
WHAT TO BRING:
For the classroom: Easy Freestyle Users Guide sent to you on registration. A pen/notebook or your favorite note taking device.
For the pool: An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim, a swim cap, an extra pair of goggles – mirrored goggles are best, but tinted would be good, too. Flip flops or waterproof shoes. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. Something warm to wear after the swim and a thermal swim shirt if you tend to get cold in the. A water bottle and light lunch.
ABOUT YELLOW SPRINGS, OH
Yellow Springs is a wonderful vacation destination, especially in autumn. CLICK HERE for things to do in Yellow Springs. Highlights include, biking, hiking, gourmet dining, shopping, arts and culture. It is a wonderful town and community.
No refund will be issued for cancellations less than 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop. For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, any monies paid above the $100 deposit will be refunded in full. The $100 deposit per person remains non-refundable, but may be transferred to any future workshop within one year of initial registration. A transfer fee of $100 will apply.