- Title: TI Effortless Endurance & Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop: Norwalk, CT
- When: 05.04.2019 - 05.05.2019
- Where: VELO-CT - Norwalk
- Category: Level 1 and 2: Freestyle Workshop
- Click Here To Register
TUITION: $595.00/person for the two-days. $395 for one day (please see below) Discounts are available for 2 or more people signing up together as well as other group discounts (for example Triathlete or USMS groups), special rates for active duty fire, police, and military service people. Please contact Denise at email@example.com
CLICK HERE to register for just the ONE-DAY May 4 - TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop for $395.00
CLICK HERE to register for just the ONE-Day May 5 - TI Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop for $395.00 ** Note you must have taken Level 1 - Effortless Endurance before taking Level 2 - Smart Speed.
PAYMENT TYPE: Credit Card
CONTACT: For more information please contact Denise Edkins at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE COACH: A great opportunity to work with TI Master Coach Shane Eversfield. (click on Shane's name to see his bio).
DESCRIPTION: This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable comfort in the water. This two-day course takes you through the following:
LEVEL 1 - Effortless Endurance (day 1) for the TI foundation- drills and skills to correct all of the stroke faults and habits that keep athletes from swimming smoothly without effort. We’ll get and in-depth progression towards a stroke the offers continuing possibilities for improvement, and move through skill work to finish the day finding efficient, effortless stroke segments.
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your Body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe Easy - We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
LEVEL 2 - Smart Speed (day 2) With the foundation established on day 1, we’ll continue fine-tuning skill sets in breathing, two beat kick, propulsion, recovery, and more. We’ll film from multiple angles above and underwater in both pool sessions, so there will be extensive video analysis and post-workshop focus lists for each swimmer. All film clips will be available on a private dropbox folder. We’ll transform your freestyle. Develop a stroke that is faster, easier, and more efficient for the long haul. Swim faster with smarter choices, instead of greater effort. You'll learn:
1. Swimming ‘Gears’, Learn your own best swimming gears . . . like those on a bicycle. Change speeds simply by adding a stroke to your count. Discover your best range of 3 stroke counts for this skill, and practice using them with expert guidance.
2. The Magic of a Tempo Trainer is an improvement-minded swimmer’s best friend. Use it to make striking gains in efficiency--then convert that efficiency into more speed. Sometimes in 15 minutes or less and with an ease that will surprise you.
3. The Math of Speed The equation Stroke Length x Stroke Rate (SL x SR) is the only exact and guaranteed predictor of how fast you’ll swim. Learn simple exercises and formulas for creating and solving speed problems. Also learn the combination of SPL+Tempo that precisely matches your present level of skill and fitness.
SCHEDULE: (Subject to minor revisions)
08:15 am - Check-in (in classroom)
08:30 am - 09:30 am - Orientation and foundational instruction (in the classroom)
09:30 am - 11:30 am - 1st underwater videotaping and group instruction in the pool.
11:30 am - 12:30 pm - Classroom workshop and review of video #1/working lunch (bring your own)
12:30 pm - 02:30 pm - 2nd underwater videotaping and group instruction in the pool
02:30 pm - 03:30 pm - Video analysis of video #2 and wrap-up classroom.
08:15 am - Check-in (in classroom)
08:30 am - 10:30 am - Group instruction in the pool and 3rd underwater videotaping
10:30 am - 11:30 am - Classroom workshop and review of videos 2 and 3
11:30 am - 12:30 pm - Lunch (Bring a bag lunch)
12:30 pm - 02:30 pm - Group instruction in the pool and 4th underwater videotaping
02:30 pm - 03:30 pm - Classroom wrap-up and video analysis
A pen/notebook or your favorite note taking device.
An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim (we recommend), a swim cap (one will be provided), an extra pair of goggles – mirrored goggles are best, but tinted would be good, too. Flip flops or waterproof shoes. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. Something warm to wear after the swim. A water bottle and light lunch and/or snacks.
No refund will be issued for cancellations less than 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop. For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, any monies paid above the $100 deposit will be refunded in full. The $100 deposit per person remains non-refundable, but may be transferred to any future workshop within one year of initial registration. A transfer fee of $100 will apply.
- Venue: VELO-CT
- City: Norwalk
- State: CT