- Title: TI Effortless Endurance & Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop: Santa Monica, CA
- When: 06.08.2019 - 06.09.2019
- Where: Santa Monica Swim Center - Santa Monica
- Category: Level 1 and 2: Freestyle Workshop
TI Effortless Endurance & Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop:
Santa Monica, CA - June 8-9, 2019
LOCATION: Santa Monica Swim Center, 2225 16th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405. The pool is a comfortable 82-84 degrees, perfect for detailed instruction and filming.
TUITION: $495.00 for both days. One day, discounted refresher course available for second day - Smart Speed Workshop. Discounts available for LA Tri, SC Tri and OC Tri clubs and USAT/USMS members.
PAYMENT TYPE: Credit Card
REGISTRATION: CLICK HERE to register
DESCRIPTION: This two-day course takes you through all the Total Immersion drills and numerous strategies for full stroke mechanics. Resulting in a freestyle that is faster, easier, and more efficient for the long haul. Numerous video sessions will be uploaded to Dropbox for your viewing after the clinic. You will receive a link that will allow you to view and download the video. The instructors will comment on the videos in class to remind you of your strengths and opportunities for improvement. We'll teach you the four key skills of Fishlike Freestyle:
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the "survival- stroking" cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn't it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water -- and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air -- it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We'll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right side streamline with a left side streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We'll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe easy - We'll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
Level 1.0 - Effortless Endurance for the TI foundation- drills and skills to correct all of the stroke faults and habits that keep athletes from swimming smoothly without effort. We’ll get and in-depth progression towards a stroke the offers continuing possibilities for improvement, and move through skill work to finish the day finding efficient, effortless stroke segments.
Level 2.0 - Smart Speed With the foundation established on day 1, we’ll continue fine-tuning skill sets in breathing, two beat kick, propulsion, recovery, and more. We’ll film from multiple angles above and underwater in both pool sessions, so there will be extensive video analysis and post-workshop focus lists for each swimmer.
SCHEDULE: Our schedule will be as follows (subject to minor revision):
*** Please note this workshop will be held outdoors ***
06:45 am - Check-in
07:00 am - 07:50 am - Orientation, dry land rehearsals
08:00 am - 09:30 am - Pool session 1 - first videotaping, group instruction
10:00 am - 11:30 am - Classroom instruction, video review, dry land rehearsals (working lunch).
11:30 am - 01:00 pm - Pool session 2 - group instruction
01:30 pm - 02:30 pm - Classroom, video review
08:00 am - 09:00 am - Dry land rehearsals
09:00 am - 10:30 am - Pool session 3 - group instruction, above/below surface filming
11:00 am - 12:00 pm - Video review and Q&A in classroom (working lunch)
12:00 pm - 01:30 pm - Pool session 4 - group instruction, above/below surface filming
02:00 pm - 03:00 pm - Classroom wrap-up and final video review
WHAT TO BRING:
For the classroom: Ultra Efficient Freestyle Users Guide sent to you at registration. Pen and notepad.
For the pool: An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the second swim session, an extra pair of goggles – mirrored goggles are best, but tinted would be good, too. Waterproof sun block, rash guard or sun shirt (if you burn easily), SPF lip protection. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge.
For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, a 50% refund or a transfer to a later workshop with Mind Body and Swim within a year of the workshop date
No refund will be issued for cancellations less 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop
- Venue: Santa Monica Swim Center
- City: Santa Monica
- State: CA