- Title: TI Level 2 - Expert Skills Coach Training: Minneapolis, MN
- When: 04.15.2019 - 04.16.2019
- Where: YWCA of Minneapolis - Downtown - Minneapolis
- Category: Coach Training
TI Level 2 - Expert Skills Coach Training:
Minneapolis, MN - April 15-16, 2019
COACH INFORMATION: TI Master Coach Dave Cameron (click on Dave's name to see his bio).
• Have been working as a Level 1 TI Coach for a minimum of 9 months.
• Present two case studies with video analysis to be reviewed by a Master Coach.
• Have assisted on a minimum of 5 Level 1 or 2 workshops.
• Have read two of the following: Mastery by George Leonard, The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle, Extraordinary Swimming by Terry Laughlin, or Effortless Endurance by Grant Molyneux.
• Submit a recent Baseline Test Swim with self-analysis.
• Demonstrate an effective 2-Beat Kick, bilateral breathing, and patient, firm Catch-and-Press.
CREDITS: This course earns TI Coaches continuing education credits and the Different Strokes badge upon successful completion.
DESCRIPTION: During two days and hours of ‘live’ training—complemented by 12 hours of distance learning--we will prepare you to offer highly effective instruction in four ‘bio-mechanical’ skills – Expert Catch-and-Press; Expert 2-Beat Kick; nd Expert Breathing, and Turns/Pushoff/Breakout. This will include training in skill-sequencing, Helping Hands (manual assistance) techniques, video analysis, and in-pool demonstration.
In this set of skills, TI has a understanding of the factors affecting each of the skills, a confidence in their efficacy, and a fool-proof system for teaching/learning that is completely proprietary and completely unique in the world of swimming. To virtually everyone outside TI these skills are a mystery. As with our foundational Effortless Endurance freestyle skills, we have deconstructed them, selected the critical mini-skills each requires and identified the optimal order for teaching them.
This course also includes 12 hours of distance/self-guided training in Pace Mastery, via development of expertise in combining Stroke Length and Stroke Rate, via SPL and Tempo. Coaches outside TI call this ‘clock in the head’ and treat it as something inborn, or which requires thousands of hours of training to develop—in a process they consider somewhat mysterious. Not surprising, since the ratio of swimmers who possess Pace Mastery is quite small. As with everything we teach, TI has developed a system for acquiring Pace Mastery, with students able to develop it on a fairly high level in just 10 to 20 hours.
Finally, the process we use, and you will teach, for acquiring Expert Skills, is itself a vehicle for learning Mastery skills and habits, which can be applied to anything.
We cannot emphasize enough the uniqueness of this training. By completing it you will become the only coach in your community who understands these skills implicitly and possesses the ability to teach them in a dependable step-by-step manner.
LODGING: There are many hotels in the area. Sites such as www.hotels.com frequently offer discounts for some of the hotels or resorts.
CANCELLATION POLICY: No refund will be issued for cancellations less than 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop. For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, any monies paid above the $100 deposit will be refunded in full. The $100 deposit per person remains non-refundable, but may be transferred to any future workshop within one year of initial registration. A transfer fee of $100 will apply.
- Venue: YWCA of Minneapolis - Downtown
- City: Minneapolis
- State: MN