LOCATION: The Royal Hospital School, Holbrook Ipswich IP9 2RX
REGISTRATION: Click Here to Register and for more information.
TIME: 08:30 - 17:30
DESCRIPTION: Would you like to be able to swim a mile or more with easy grace, enjoy every stroke and feel energized, not exhausted, when you finish? Would you like to make swimming the best part of triathlon or swim confidently in open water? Our Effortless Endurance workshop will help you achieve those goals, give you a stroke you'll be proud of, and a satisfying way to enjoy great health.
Who Should Take This Workshop?
The following swimmers will benefit from this workshop
• Swimmers who are stuck on a plateau or need motivation.
• New swimmers who want to develop really good habits. ( you must be able to swim a minimum of 50m front crawl)
• Self-coached swimmers who want expert assessment and advice.
• Triathletes looking to improve their stroke, reduce their swim times and save energy.
• Open Water swimmers looking to make their stroke more efficient.
What You Will Learn:
During the workshop, you’ll learn the three foundation skills of effortless distance swimming:
Balanced and Stable
Become ‘weightless’ by learning to cooperate with--not fight—gravity. Learning balance transforms struggle into smoothness and calms churning legs.
It also brings the body control--and mental calm--necessary to learn every skill that follows.
Sleek and Slippery
Learn to move through water, rather than move it around, by:
1. Shaping your body to be longer, better aligned, more hydrodynamic; and
2. Stroking in ways that minimize waves and turbulence.
Whole Body Propulsion
Replace churning with effortless power by connecting arm and leg actions to rhythmic, relaxed weight shifts initiated in the core. Instead of generating muscular force, you'll direct 'available' forces of body, mass, and gravity.
What You Will Gain: The workshop includes expert instruction with hands on correction in the pool and a maximum teacher to swimmer ratio of 1:5 . The workshop consists of 4 hours in the pool and 3 hours in the classroom . You will receive Individual feedback during the day and video analysis with correction lines and coaches voice over is emailed the day after the workshop for you to keep.
CANCELLATION/TRANSFER POLICY: Bookings cancelled less than two weeks before this event can be transferred to future workshops only if the place can be filled by somebody else.