TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop:
New Windsor, NY - December 15, 2018
LOCATION: Union Avenue Community Fitness Center, 565 Union Ave, New Windsor, NY 12553, 845-561-4700
TUITION: $395.00/person. Discounts are available for 2 or more people signing up together as well as other group discounts. Special rates for active duty fire, police, and service people. Please contact Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this class will be limited to 6 people MAX. Don't hesitate, sign-up today!
PAYMENT TYPE: Credit Card/PayPal
CONTACT: For more information please contact Denise Edkins email@example.com
ABOUT THE COACH: A great opportunity to work with TI Master Coach Ray Bosse. Instruction will take place in the comfort of a Warm Indoor Teaching Pool. Ray Bosse Coached at the United States Military Academy (West Point) for 19 years, and for 13 years (1989-2001) as the head coach of both the men’s and women’s programs. During his tenure he led the women to 3 conference championships and the men to 9 conference titles. Ray was named conference coach of the year 9 times, coached swimmers at the 1984 and 1988 Olympic Trials, and coached three NCAA champions (2 women Div II and 1 male Div I). He also worked closely with Terry Laughlin for many years.
Do you want to swim a mile or more and feel invigorated and not drained at the end?
Do you want the swim to be the best leg of your triathlon? We have a record of helping triathletes significantly decrease their swim times!
Do you want to swim comfortably and confidently in open water? Our coaches are some of the most active Total Immersion Directors who have worked with athletes from complete beginner to professional triathlete.
Do you have a swimming test, certificate or requirements that you need to pass? We feel that by learning the TI sequence of balance, streamline and propulsion you will be better prepared to do the tasks required to pass the test. Swimming in balance and streamlined is the most efficient way to swim: as you will be preparing to swim in a rescue situation, you will very much benefit by becoming the most efficient swimmer you can be before adding the task of towing an injured or unresponsive person. Your overall response time will improve and you will feel less fatigued. Adding this certification to your first responder toolbox will enable you to be more effective should you ever find yourself in that situation
This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable comfort in the water.
This workshop includes expert instruction, individualized feedback and detailed video analysis. It is recommended for people who can swim at least 50m or more of crawl stroke who have studied TI skills previously with DVDs, books or had lessons from a TI Coach.
Who will benefit from this workshop?
• New swimmers who want to develop great habits (but can swim 50m front crawl unaided).
• Swimmers who have struggled to improve.
• Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice.
• Long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
• Open Water swimmers looking to make their stroke more efficient.
What will you learn:
LEVEL 1 - EFFORTLESS ENDURANCE - For the TI foundation- drills and skills to correct all of the stroke faults and habits that keep athletes from swimming smoothly without effort. We’ll get and in-depth progression towards a stroke the offers continuing possibilities for improvement, and move through skill work to finish the day finding efficient, effortless stroke segments. You'll learn:
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your Body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe Easy - We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
SCHEDULE: Our schedule will be as follows (subject to minor revision):
Note: Pool is a comfortable indoor heated pool
10:00 am - 11:00 am - Check in and orientation
11:00 am - 12:00 pm - Classroom Workshop
12:15 pm - 02:15 pm - Group instruction in the pool, first videotaping
02:15 pm - 03:30 pm - Classroom Workshop/working lunch (bring your own)
03:30 pm - 05:30 pm - Group instruction and second videotaping in the pool
05:45 pm - 06:30 pm - Video analysis and wrap-up classroom.
WHAT TO BRING:
For the classroom: Easy Freestyle Users Guide sent to you on registration. A pen/notebook or your favorite note taking device.
For the pool: An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim (we recommend), a swim cap (one will be provided), an extra pair of goggles – mirrored goggles are best, but tinted would be good, too. Flip flops or waterproof shoes. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. Something warm to wear after the swim. A water bottle and light lunch and/or snacks.
No refund will be issued for cancellations less than 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop. For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, any monies paid above the $100 deposit will be refunded in full. The $100 deposit per person remains non-refundable, but may be transferred to any future workshop within one year of initial registration. A transfer fee of $100 will apply.