- Title: TI Effortless Endurance & Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop: Sudbury, MA
- When: 04.21.2018 - 04.22.2018
- Where: Atkinson Pool: Town of Sudbury - Sudbury
- Category: Level 1 and 2: Freestyle Workshop
- Click Here To Register
April 21-22, 2018
Atkinson Pool, 40 Fairbank Road, Sudbury, MA 01776 https://sudbury.ma.us/pool/
: Credit Card
Contact: For more information please contact Denise Edkins at 800-607-7946 or email@example.com
Description: This two-day course takes you through all the Total Immersion drills and numerous strategies for full stroke mechanics. Resulting in a freestyle that is faster, easier, and more efficient for the long haul. Numerous video sessions will be uploaded for free to Dropbox for your viewing after the clinic, including instructor narration to remind you of your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
Our coaches are some of the most active Total Immersion Directors and has worked with athletes from complete beginner to professional triathlete.
This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable comfort in the water.
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe easy - We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
Our schedule will be as follows (subject to minor revision):
08:45 - 10:00 Check-in and classroom workshop
10:15 - 12:15 Group instruction in the pool
12:15 - 1:00 Lunch - usually in classroom if it is possible to eat in this room
01:00 - 02:15 Classroom workshop and review of video #1
02:30 - 04:30 Group instruction and 2nd videotaping in the pool
04:45 - 05:30 Video analysis and wrap-up
07:30 - 08:45 Check-in and classroom workshop
9:00 - 11:00 Group instruction in the pool
11:00 - 11:30 Light Lunch - usually in classroom if it is possible to eat in this room
11:30 - 12:45 Classroom Workshop
01:00 - 03:00 Group instruction and 3rd videotaping in the pool
03:15 - 04:00 Video analysis and wrap-up
Medical Release form & Easy Freestyle Users Guide sent to you on registration
An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim, a swim cap, an extra pair of goggles – mirrored goggles are best, but tinted would be good, too. Waterproof sun block, rash guard or sun shirt (if you burn easily), SPF lip protection. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. Something warm to wear after the swim. A water bottle and light lunch. A pen/notebook or your favorite note taking device.
For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, a 50% refund can be provided or a transfer to a later workshop with Swimprovement is available.
No refund will be issued for cancellations less than 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop unless a doctor’s note can be provided.
- Venue: Atkinson Pool: Town of Sudbury
- City: Sudbury
- State: MA