- Title: TI Effortless Endurance & Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop: San Francisco, CA
- When: 06.23.2018 - 06.24.2018
- Where: College of San Mateo - San Mateo
- Category: Level 1 and 2: Freestyle Workshop
TI Effortless Endurance & Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop
San Francisco, CA: June 23-24, 2018
San Francisco, CA: June 23-24, 2018
LOCATION: College of San Mateo, 1700 W. Hillsdale Blvd, San Mateo, CA, 94112. Please park in the Beethoven lot across from the Health and Wellness Center. The pool is a comfortable 86-88 degrees, perfect for detailed instruction and filming
TUITION: $495.00/person, $445.00/person if 2-3 register & pay together. One-day options are available, including refreshers for returning students, and students may choose to do day 1 in one weekend, and day 2 in another weekend later in the year.
Discounts available for SVTC. SFTC, and GGTC, other groups are welcome to inquire for team sponsorships.
PAYMENT TYPE: Credit Card
REGISTRATION: Click here to register.
CONTACT: For more information please contact TI Master Coach Dave Cameron at 952-807-3774 or email@example.com
DESCRIPTION: This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable comfort in the water. This two-day course takes you through the following:
1.0 for the TI foundation- drills and skills to correct all of the stroke faults and habits that keep athletes from swimming smoothly without effort. We’ll get and in-depth progression towards a stroke the offers continuing possibilities for improvement, and move through skill work to finish the day finding efficient, effortless stroke segments.
2.0 With the foundation established on day 1, we’ll continue fine-tuning skill sets in breathing, two beat kick, propulsion, recovery, and more. We’ll learn to use measuring tools for speed improvement and gain valuable understanding of how to continue smart training beyond the weekend. We’ll film from multiple angles above and underwater in both pool sessions, so there will be extensive video analysis and post-workshop focus lists for each swimmer.
All film clips will be available on a private dropbox folder.
Our coaches are some of the most active Total Immersion Directors and has worked with athletes from complete beginner to professional triathlete.
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your Body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe Easy - We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
SCHEDULE: Our schedule will be as follows (subject to minor revision): *** Please note this workshop will be held outdoors ***
9:00 - Check-in in classroom
9:00 - 10:00 Orientation and foundational instruction (in the classroom)
10:00 - 12:00 1st underwater videotaping and group instruction in the pool. (outdoor pool)
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
1:00 - 2:30 Classroom workshop and review of video #1
2:30 - 4:30 Group instruction in the pool (outdoor pool)
8:15 - 9:00 Video review in classroom
9:00 – 10:30 Group instruction in the pool., 3rd underwater taping
10:30 - 11:30 Video review and Q&A in classroom
11:30 - 12:30 lunch
12:30 - 2:00 Group instruction in the pool and 4th underwater videotaping
2:00 - 2:45 Classroom wrap-up and review of video #4
WHAT TO BRING:
For the classroom: Medical Release form & Easy Freestyle Users Guide sent to you on registration
For the pool: An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim, an extra pair of goggles – mirrored goggles are best, but tinted would be good, too. Waterproof sun block, rash guard or sun shirt (if you burn easily), SPF lip protection. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge.
For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, a 50% refund can be provided or a transfer to a later workshop with Swimprovement is available. Cancellations within 8 days can be transferred to another person but not refunded.
No refund will be issued for cancellations less 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop unless a doctor’s note can be provided.
- Venue: College of San Mateo
- City: San Mateo
- State: CA