- Title: Effortless Endurance & Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop: Las Vegas, NV
- When: 05.20.2017 - 05.21.2017
- Where: Heritage Park Aquatic Complex - Henderson
- Category: Level 1 and 2: Freestyle Workshop
Effortless Endurance and Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop
Las Vegas/Henderson, NV
May 20-21, 2017
LOCATION: Heritage Park Aquatics Complex, 310 Racetrack Rd., Henderson, NV (702) 267-2980
TUITION: $495/person, $445/person if 2-3 register & pay together. Discounts available for LVTC and HPAC clubs
REGISTRATION: Click here to register
CONTACT: For more information, please contact TI Coach Stuart McDougal 818-406-4213, email@example.com
DESCRIPTION: This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable comfort in the water. This two-day course takes you through the following:
1.0 The TI foundation- drills and skills to correct all of the stroke faults and habits that keep athletes from swimming smoothly without effort. We’ll get and in-depth progression towards a stroke the offers continuing possibilities for improvement, and move through skill work to finish the day finding efficient, effortless stroke segments.
2.0 With the foundation established on day 1, we’ll continue fine-tuning skill sets in breathing, two beat kick, propulsion, recovery, and more. We’ll film from multiple angles above and underwater in both pool sessions, so there will be extensive video analysis and post-workshop focus lists for each swimmer. All film clips will be available on a private dropbox folder.
Our coaches are some of the most active Total Immersion Directors and have worked with athletes from complete beginner to professional triathlete.
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your Body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe Easy - We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
SCHEDULE: Our schedule will be as follows (subject to minor revision):
9:00 – 10:00 Orientation dryland rehearsals
10:00 - 12:00 Pool session 1 – first filming, group instruction
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
1:00 - 3:00 Pool session 2 - group instruction
12:00 – 1:00 Classroom, dryland rehearsals
1:00 - 2:30 Pool session 3 - group instruction, filming
2:30 - 3:30 Classroom, video review
3:30 – 4:30 Pool session 4 - group instruction, final filming
4:30 - 5:15 Classroom wrap up, final video review
THE POOL: Heritage Park Aquatics Complex is a new top of the line year round facility with two indoor pools. The teaching pool is heated to approximately 84 degrees
WHAT TO BRING:
For the classroom: Pad and pen for note taking.
For the pool: An extra suit and towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim, an extra pair of goggles. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge.
Best to bring bag lunch and drink, break will be around 45 mins. There is a snack bar at the aquatics complex and there are a few places within short driving distance of the pool.
Heritage Park Aquatics Complex, (702) 267-2980
Address: 310 Racetrack Rd., Henderson, NV
LODGING: There are several options available near Henderson Park Aquatics Complex. Check with hotels.com and/or googlemaps.com. Most hotels in area accept AAA member discount.
CANCELLATIONS: Weekend workshops: NO REFUND will be issued for cancellations LESS THAN 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop unless a doctor’s note can be provided. For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, any monies paid above the $250 deposit will be refunded in full. The $250 deposit per person remains non-refundable, but may be transferred to any future workshop within one year of initial registration.
TRANSFERS: Weekend workshops: If a request to transfer is received 8 days or more prior to the workshop, a $100.00 transfer fee per person will be applied to a future workshop, and the deposit will be credited toward that workshop.
- Venue: Heritage Park Aquatic Complex
- City: Henderson
- State: NV