Coaching Careers: Follow your Passion with TI
TOTAL IMMERSION COACH 1.0 CERTIFICATION
Upcoming Coach Training Events
August 25-27, 2017: St. Petersburg, FL - More details
29 September- 1 October 2017: Alicante, Spain - More details
November 3-5, 2017: Minneapolis, MN: More details
Total Immersion is not only a revolutionary way to teach and practice swimming, but a unique career opportunity as well. If you love TI swimming, why not make your living teaching what you love?
TI instructors are distinguished from all others both by their ability to teach anyone to swim well, and their capacity to inspire their students to real passion for swimming and launch them on a Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) Swimming path.
The TI 1.0 Coach Certification Course is now more concise and streamlined than ever. This course prepares coaching candidates to teach private lessons or groups of up to 4 people. Our concentrated 3-day training—supplemented by personal study and practice exercises before and after the course—provides proven tools for teaching students to swim with greater ease, efficiency, and enjoyment than any other program.
Why Become a TI Teaching Professional?
Your strongest motivation should be:
1. A deep passion for TI Swimming and a desire to share it with others;
2. A desire to advance your own practice and mastery by teaching others; and
3. The knowledge of how satisfying it will be to help others master an essential life skill.
How will I be trained?
Your TI professional path begins as a Certified Coach 1.0. Our instructor development program is designed to develop both teaching and people skills in small-group training sessions with personal attention. You’ll learn the biomechanics and fluid dynamics of a human body moving through water, a foolproof stepwise system for teaching the foundations of super-efficient swimming—as well as the science of learning and art of teaching.
We’ll cover in-pool instruction, and how to accelerate learning through subtle hands-on adjustment of head, limbs, torso – even the fingers. We’ll also cover video analysis and methods for presenting TI concepts and principles to individuals and small groups.
What is the cost?
Tuition for the Total Immersion 1.0 Coach Certification Course is $1,500 USD.
* Note: Tuition may differ from region to region. Contact us for information on courses held outside of the US.
How can I use my certification and license as a TI Teaching Professional?
- Promote yourself as a Certified Total Immersion Coach and coach private lessons and groups of up to 4 people.
- Use the globally-recognized Total Immersion name.
- Be listed on TI's global directory of certified instructors and use the TI logo, marks and brand.. (Additional fee applies)
- Join the TI Coach Academy to continue your self-improvement as an instructor and business owner.
- Participate in teaching opportunities on the TI Academy to bring yourself before thousands of daily visitors on the TI website.
- Purchase any official TI- self-coaching tools (books, DVDs, etc) for resale at preferred Coach Wholesale rate
- Earn money by participating in the Coach Affiliate Sales program.
- Participate in additional TI training and certification programs open to Certified Coaches only.
- And much more...
Read more about the TI Coach Licensing and Certification options by viewing this list of frequently asked questions. You may also request a copy of the Coach License and Certification Agreements by emailing Angela Dorris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I qualify to attend the training course?
Complete three steps:
Step 1 - Experience TI As A Student
Learn and practice TI stroke technique by attending a live TI training event, or receiving a series of lessons from a certified TI Coach. TI has a unique way of learning and teaching. All would-be coaches should experience TI as a student before seeking to teach it.
Step 2 - Master The Form and Essential Drills
Practice both the TI freestyle stroke and the 4 main drills presented in the TI Essential Skills video learning program. Submit a link to video of your comfortable demonstration of whole stroke and a select group of drills.
Step 3 - Apply For The Course
Apply for the coach training course, attend, and complete the TI Coach 1.0 Certification Course (3 days).
How Do I Apply?
You may click [here] to view the application.
In order to complete the application you will be asked to:
- provide your complete contact information
- answer several interview questions (listed in the application)
- provide links to video demonstration you have made (see below for description of the video demonstration)
- review and sign a TI Instructor and or License Agreement
You may want to view the interview form in order to copy the interview questions and write your answers offline, then paste them into the application when you are ready to finish it.
CCC Application Video Demo Requirements
In preparation for your TI Coach 1.0 training experience you are expected to spend some time (perhaps months) training in the TI technique and drills. TI Coaches are expected to competently demonstrate everything they teach. The camp is intended to focus upon teaching trainees how to teach rather than how to perform the drills, so you'll need to spend the time necessarily to become comfortable and confident in the demonstration of the basic TI freestyle skills before applying for the course.
Please shoot the following video demonstrations, upload to your preferred hosting site, then provide links to permit us to review:
- Whole-stroke--Underwater side view – minimum of 12 strokes, including 4 or more breaths.
- Whole-stroke, Underwater front view – 8 or more strokes, including 2 or more breaths.
- Whole-stroke Surface front view – 8 or more strokes, including 2 or more breaths
- Whole-stroke Surface side view—12 or more strokes, including 4 or more breaths.
- Superman Glide, from standing push-off to 3 or 4 seconds glide – Surface side view fairly tight (your body should fill the frame)
- Superman to Right Skate,
- Superman to Left Skate
- Bilateral (to both sides) Breathing
You will have been introduced to these drills in your live TI Freestyle workshop experience or in live lessons with a certified TI Coach. In addition, they may be studied on the TI Essential Skills video program.
What happens during training?
Your training will include:
- 3 days learning to develop the stroke and develop the mind of a swimmer for their own specific, personal goals.
- Practice in guiding live students through Level 1.0 TI freestyle drill sequence
- Practice in underwater video and analysis using TI diagnostic methods
- Learn the stroke skill development process and how to create a personalized lesson plan
- Learning how to create 'Super-Learning' Environments
During the course you will receive:
- A Certificate of Completion
- TI Coach shirt
- TI Logo silicon cap
- Finis Tempo Trainer Pro
- TI Coach Trainee Manual
- A copy of an annually renewable License and/or certification agreement for independent international TI coaches (click here to read more about the License and Certification Agreements).
- Coach discount program for products offered in the online TI Store.
- Access to exclusive discounts offered to TI Coaches by partner companies.
Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
Angela Dorris, email@example.com