- Title: TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop: Nanaimo, BC, Canada
- When: 06.09.2023 - 06.09.2023
- Where: Nanaimo Aquatic Centre - Nanaimo
- Category: Level 1: Freestyle Workshop
TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop: Nanaimo, BC, Canada - June 9, 2023
LOCATION: Nanaimo Aquatic Centre, 741 Third Street, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 7B2.
TUITION: $325.00 CAD. Sale price $275 CAD before May 7, 2023
REGISTRATION: CLICK HERE to register.
PAYMENT TYPE: Credit Card
COACH CONTACT: For more information contact TI Master Coach Teresa Seibel at email@example.com or 250-682-2314
ABOUT THE COACH: A great opportunity to work with TI Master Coach Teresa Seibel (click on Teresa's name to see her bio) to learn the core TI stroke mechanics that have transformed thousands. Effortless Endurance sets the table for efficient swimming by developing proper alignment and balance in the water. This builds a reliable foundation upon which we add core rotation, proper limb orientation/movements, and breathing skills. Our carefully planned learning sequences ensure you’ll make near-instant progress. In only one day we guarantee you”ll walk out a better, smarter swimmer. As with all of our courses, the coaches are in the water with you providing hands on help and video feedback.
DESCRIPTION: Effortless Endurance (Level 1) -Learn the core TI stroke mechanics that have transformed thousands. Effortless Endurance sets the table for efficient swimming by developing proper alignment and balance in the water. This builds a reliable foundation upon which we add core rotation, proper limb orientation/movements, and breathing skills. Our carefully planned learning sequences ensure you'll make near-instant progress. In only one day we guarantee you"ll walk out a better, smarter swimmer. As with all of our courses, the coaches are in the water with you providing hands on help and video feedback.
WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
• Would you like to swim a mile or more and feel energised, not exhausted, when you finish?
• Would you like to swim more confidently in open water?
• Would you like to make swimming the best part of your triathlon?
Our Effortless Endurance workshop will help you to achieve your goals.
WHO IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR?
• Long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who are losing motivation
• New swimmers (able to swim at least 50 metres) who want to develop great habits
• Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice
• Triathletes looking to improve swim times and use less energy • Open water swimmers looking to make their stroke more efficient
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
The three foundation skills of effortless swimming:
• Balance and stability Become 'weightless' by learning to cooperate with gravity instead of fighting it. Learning balance transforms struggle into smoothness and calms churning legs. It also brings the body control, and the mental focus necessary to learn every skill that follows.
• Streamlining Learn to move through water, rather than move it around, by shaping your body to be longer, better aligned, more hydrodynamic; learn to swim using techniques that minimise waves and turbulence. Sleek and slippery swimming means that you travel further and more easily on each stroke.
• Whole body propulsion Replace churning with effortless power by connecting arm and leg actions to rhythmic, relaxed weight-shifts initiated in the core. Instead of generating muscular force you’ll direct available forces of body mass and gravity.
WHAT WILL YOU TAKE AWAY?
• The tools to work on a transformed freestyle stroke
• The knowledge to begin a path of continuous improvement
• And you’ll enjoy swimming as never before. The more you enjoy it, the more you’ll practice and the more you’ll improve.
SCHEDULE: Subject to minor revision:
07:00 am - meet in lobby prior to entering pool
07:30 am - 09:00 am - Pool Session 1 / Videotape / Foundations
09:00 am - 10:30 am - Classroom – bring snacks
10:30 am - 12:00 pm - Pool Session
12:00 pm - 01:30 pm - Classroom – final video analysis
WHAT TO BRING:
FOR THE CLASSROOM:
• Pad and pen/device for note taking.
• All video files shot during the class will be uploaded to DropBox and available to view/download.
FOR THE POOL: This is an indoor pool. Please have at least one swimsuit (extra dry swimsuits are helpful), towel, goggles and swim cap (helpful, not mandatory.) We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge.
TRANSFER / CANCELLATION POLICY:If a request to transfer is received 14 days or more prior to the workshop, a $100.00 transfer fee per person will be applied to a future workshop, and tuition fee will be applied to that workshop. NO REFUND will be issued for cancellations LESS THAN 14 days prior to the scheduled workshop. For cancellations at least 14 days prior to the scheduled workshop, participants have the option of transferring to another workshop.
- Venue: Nanaimo Aquatic Centre
- City: Nanaimo
- State: BC