- Title: TI Easy Freestyle Weekend Workshop: San Antonio, TX
- When: 04.22.2023 - 04.23.2023
- Where: Alamo Heights Natatorium - San Antonio
- Category: Level 1 and 2: Freestyle Workshop
LOCATION: Alamo Heights Natatorium, 705 Trafalgar Rd., San Antonio, TX 78216. CLICK HERE for map. The pool is indoors and heated to 80 degrees. You may want to wear a rash guard or skin suit to be more comfortable.
TUITION: $545.00 per person - $445.00 per person if 2-3 register & pay together. Discounts available for active and retired service members. Other groups are welcome to inquire for team sponsorships. Second Day refresher options available.
REGISTRATION: CLICK HERE to register.
CONTACT: For more information please contact TI Master Coach Todd Erickson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE COACH: A great opportunity to work with. TI Master Coach Todd Erickson, San Antonio TX, 210-379-5170, or email@example.com. Todd has experience in individual coaching, coaching high school swimming and water polo, youth swim team clubs and summer league teams. Todd remains personally active in US Masters Swimming and has been a member of several Top Ten Relay Teams. Todd has incorporated TI drills and techniques into his coaching and his own swimming since 1997. Todd is a certified TI coach since 2010 and Level 4 ASCA coach since 1998. Website: www.swimsmartsa.com.
DESCRIPTION: This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable comfort in the water. This two-day course takes you through the following:
Level 1.0 TI foundation -- drills and skills to correct all of the stroke faults and habits that keep athletes from swimming smoothly without effort. We'll get an iin-depth progression towards a stroke that offers continuing possibilities for improvement, and move through skill work to finish the day finding efficient, effortless stroke segments.
Level 2.0 Builds on the foundation established on day 1, we’ll continue fine-tuning skill sets in breathing, two beat kick, propulsion, recovery, and more. We’ll film from multiple angles above and underwater in both pool sessions, so there will be extensive video analysis and post-workshop focus lists for each swimmer. All film clips will be available on a private dropbox folder.
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your Body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe Easy - We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS WORKSHOP?
• New swimmers who want to develop great habits (but can swim 50m front crawl unaided)
• Swimmers who have struggled to improve.
• Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice.
• Long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
• Open Water swimmers looking to make their stroke more efficient.
SCHEDULE: Our schedule will be as follows (subject to minor revision):
08:00 am - 09:00 am - Check-in - orientation and foundational instruction (classroom).
09:00 am - 11:00 pm - Group instruction in the pool and 1st underwater taping.
11:00 pm - 01:00 pm - Classroom workshop, review video #1, Q&A. Lunch provided by Coach Todd!
01:00 pm - 03:00 pm - Group instruction in the pool and video #2.
03:00 pm - 04:00 pm - Video video and wrap up day.
09:00 am - 11:00 pm - Group instruction in the pool and video #3.
11:00 pm - 01:00 pm - Video review and Q&A. Lunch provided!
01:00 pm - 03:00 pm - Group instruction in the pool and 4th underwater videotaping.
03:00 pm - 04:00 pm - Wrap-up and review of video #4.
WHAT TO BRING:
For the classroom: Mediacal Release form, Easy Freestyle Users Guide sent to you on registration, a pen/notebook or your favorite note-taking device.
For the pool: An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim, a swim cap, an extra pair of goggles.Rash guard or sun shirt (for additional warmth). We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. Something warm to wear after the swim and a thermal swim shirt if you tend to get cold in the. A water bottle and light lunch.
CANCELLATION POLICY: For cancellations at least 8 days prior to scheduled workshop, a 50% refund can be provided or a transfer to a later workshop with Swim Smart is available. No refund will be issued for cancellations less than 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop unless a doctor's note can be provided.
- Venue: Alamo Heights Natatorium
- City: San Antonio
- State: TX