- Title: TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop: Washington, DC
- When: 04.02.2023 - 04.02.2023
- Where: Waterside Fitness & Swim Club - Washington DC
- Category: Level 1: Freestyle Workshop
TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop:
Washington, DC - April 2, 2023
LOCATION: Waterside Fitness & Swim Club 901 6th St. SW, Washington, DC 20024. CLICK HERE to see map.
TUITION: $299.00/person. *Note: Participants must be able to swim 100 meters to attend this workshop. ** DC Mayor's Order 2021-147: To gain access to the gym/pool facility, workshop participants must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
PAYMENT TYPE: Credit Card
REGISTRATION: CLICK HERE to register please.
CONTACT: For more information contact Lloyd Henry at (202) 271-1633, Info@OnPointFitness.com.
ABOUT THE COACH: A great opportunity to work with seasoned TI Coach Lloyd Henry (click on Lloyd's name to see his bio) who is a 25 time Ironman Finisher including Kona-World Championship with international race experience in all triathlon distances.
DESCRIPTION: This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable level of comfort in the water. We often have newer swimmers and veteran triathletes learning at the same time to improve their speed and efficiency, and the TI foundation allows ALL swimmers to progress together. Our coaches are some of the most active Total Immersion Directors who have worked with athletes from complete beginner to professional triathlete. This workshop includes expert instruction, individualized feedback and detailed video analysis. It is recommended for people who can swim at least 50 m or more of crawl stroke who have studied TI skills previously with DVDs, books or had lessons from a TI Coach. *Note: Participants must be able to swim 100 meters to attend this workshop.
Who will benefit from this workshop?
• New swimmers who want to develop great habits (but can swim 50m front crawl unaided)
• Swimmers who have struggled to improve.
• Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice.
• Long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
• Open Water swimmers looking to make their stroke more efficient.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
LEVEL 1 - EFFORTLESS ENDURANCE - Learn the core TI stroke mechanics that have transformed thousands. Effortless Endurance sets the table for efficient swimming by developing proper alignment and balance in the water. This builds a reliable foundation upon which we add core rotation, proper limb orientation/movements, and breathing skills. Our carefully planned learning sequences ensure you’ll make near-instant progress. In only one-day we guarantee you’ll walk out a better, smarter swimmer. As with all of our courses, the coaches are in the water with you providing hands on help and video feedback. You'll learn:
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your Body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe Easy - We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
08:00 am - 09:00 am - Classroom / Orientation
09:00 am - 10:30 am - Pool session #1
10:30 am - 12:30 pm - Lunch / Video Analysis / Classroom Workshop
12:30 pm - 02:00 pm - Pool Session #2
02:00 pm - 03:00 pm - Classroom Workshop / Video Review
WHAT TO BRING:
For the classroom: A pen/notebook or your favorite note taking device.
For the pool: An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim (we recommend), a swim cap (one will be provided), an extra pair of goggles – mirrored goggles are best, but tinted would be good, too. Flip flops or waterproof shoes. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. Something warm to wear after the swim. A water bottle and light lunch and/or snacks.
CANCELLATION & TRANSFER POLICY:
For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, a 50% refund can be provided or a transfer ($50.00 transfer fee) to a later workshop with OnPoint Fitness is available. Cancellations within 8 days can be transferred to another person but not refunded. No refund will be issued for cancellations less 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop.
- Venue: Waterside Fitness & Swim Club
- City: Washington DC
- State: DC