Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Links and References
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2011
Banned

Lawrence

It's disappointing and offensive how all debates on here end up with someone implying someone else has a bruised ego. You would have hoped the subject being debated was more interesting but no, everyone agrees it's just another d*ck swinging contest and the protagonists should get socially adjusted.

I guess that's one way of exiting the discussion when it becomes a bit technical. I just thank God I didn't adopt such a view during my education and have yet to lapse into it.
Old 02-03-2011

FrankJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
It's disappointing and offensive how all debates on here end up with someone implying someone else has a bruised ego. You would have hoped the subject being debated was more interesting but no, everyone agrees it's just another d*ck swinging contest and the protagonists should get socially adjusted.

I guess that's one way of exiting the discussion when it becomes a bit technical. I just thank God I didn't adopt such a view during my education and have yet to lapse into it.
I believe it was Cristopher Hitchens, responding to the people attacking him for being a drunk, that remarked how giving the ad hominem was a sure sign of defeat...
Old 02-03-2011

haschu33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post

Are you sure you wanted to post that in this thread HERE? It appears to be slightly misplaced and out of context.
Of course maybe I am out of context and misplaced. You never know ;-)

I have some doubt in my mind that the girls are doing a dick swinging contest here...
Old 02-03-2011
Banned

Lawrence

You certainly waste a lot of words.
Old 02-03-2011
Coach

CoachSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by haschu33 View Post

I have some doubt in my mind that the girls are doing a dick swinging contest here...
Well it's convenient that swinging breasts tends to lead to more fun and less fighting than swinging dicks. ;)
Coach of 5 time USA Triathlon Triathlete of the Year, Kirsten Sass
Steel City Endurance, LTD
Fresh Freestyle

Old 02-03-2011

haschu33

Doc Sue,

Taking it literally I have to admit that although there were times in my life where things had a tendency to get rather wild I failed to collect substantial experience with either form of contest.
Too old for regret.
So I'll have to trust your word.

Another valuable input from a woman... ;-)

Slightly weird development that this thread takes here, isn't it?
Old 02-03-2011
Coach

CoachSuzanne

Quote:

Slightly weird development that this thread takes here, isn't it?
In my objective analysis...the weird development didn't take place until Lawrence suggested that this thread got technical. Wrong thread, wrong attitude...that's the attitude that keeps many (women) away. Just sayin...

Prediction: Lawrence will rebut by saying that he never said THIS thread was technical, but that he's clarified his position already in his previous posts.

I"ll stand by my earlier post that it is far to easy to offend & be offended on public faceless forums. Taking things down a notch when opinions vary goes a long way in maintaining dialogue and input from many sources.

Lawrence...sorry if I offended. ;)
Fresh Freestyle

Old 02-03-2011

haschu33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachSuzanne View Post
Wrong thread, wrong attitude...that's the attitude that keeps many (women) away. Just sayin...
Yes, I can see your point. I think Lawrence wanted to post as an reply to Grants post in that 'Important New Insights on Freestyle Technics' thread. In fact, he first posted this on both threads and cancelled it on the other thread then. Hit the wrong thread I guess. There is nothing technical in this one.

I tried to point that out to him and tried not to offend him with offering an escape route - put the blame on me. But he wouldn't listen to me.
So he was completely right on telling me that I was wasting my words (and my time, unfortunately) ;-))

Quote:
Prediction: Lawrence will rebut by saying that he never said THIS thread was technical, but that he's clarified his position already in his previous posts.
He, you are not getting personal, are you?

Never mind, Doc, I like your input here in this TI forum. Don't really want to get into this 'assigning stars' again but please feel appreciated. Not sure what poet to assign to you, yet...

But it is a bit of a pity for this thread, it deserves a slightly more sincere approach. Not serious, but sincere.

Sincerely yours... ;)
Old 02-03-2011
Coach

CoachSuzanne

Quote:
. Not sure what poet to assign to you, yet...

But it is a bit of a pity for this thread, it deserves a slightly more sincere approach. Not serious, but sincere.

Sincerely yours... ;)
Can I be Splashing Pat?
Fresh Freestyle

Old 02-03-2011

haschu33

Quote:
Can I be Splashing Pat?
Yeah, that is right on.

I have to assign at least 10 Splashing Pat stars to you :-))