Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2012

jenson1a
Default Logging Out

How do you log out? Every time I do, I get a message saying that cookies cleared, do i want to return to the page i was viewing, or return to the forum page. Even tho I clicked on the log out option, I am not really logged out.

What goes?

Sherry
Old 10-21-2012

haschu33

Well, when you log out, you get logged out ;-)
When you are logged in, you have certain privileges: you can view attached pictures, reply to posts, and so on. When you are logged out, you don't see your name in the upper right corner but the log in message. You can not reply to posts, but you can read in the forums or wherever on the website, just reading only.
Logging out doesn't mean leaving the TI website. If you want to leave the website you need to close the browser or the tab or browser window where the TI site is open. No need to log out then...
Old 10-21-2012

borate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenson1a View Post
How do you log out? Every time I do, I get a message saying that cookies cleared, do i want to return to the page i was viewing, or return to the forum page. Even tho I clicked on the log out option, I am not really logged out.
After logging out, and returning to the page you were viewing, if you still see your name in the login in box, try closing, the reopening the browser.

If that doesn't succeed open COOKIES options in the browser and set them to expire at end of session or closing...if that doesn't conflict with your objectives for - or the operation of - other sites.
Old 10-21-2012

jenson1a

Tks Borate--the suggestion to delete the cookies in my browser at end of session did the trick.

Sherry
Old 10-21-2012

jenson1a

haschu33--tks for your explanation, but unfortunately when I logged out I was not logged out. I completely closed my browser and then opened it again. When I opened the TI site, I was still logged in.

Sherry
Old 10-22-2012

WFEGb

Hi Sherry,

do you have a cross in "Remember me"? Then you'll log in every time automatically...

Regards,
Werner
Old 10-22-2012

haschu33

Sorry, jenson1a, I didn't get that you are still logged in after logging out.
I guess WFEGb got the point, when 'Remember me' is activated (a lot of sites have this possibility) the cookie will be kept after the session and enables being automatically re-logged in (with the same browser only). Otherwise the cookie is just a session cookie and expires when you leave the page.

So removing the 'Remember me' will do the trick.