Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2008

rajsenthil
Default Thank You!!!

Hello TI, I thank Terry Laughlin and all his team for their wonderful presentation on "Freestyle made easy" dvd.
I could not even swim an inch forward before July 2008. I was frustated and my swim coach(it is class with 7 students at YMCA)
was wondering what makes me to float in the water.
I am 38 now and always get tensed as soon as I enter the pool.
I searched in the internet and found the book "Total Immersion: The Revolutionary Way To Swim Better, Faster, and Easier" has got good reviews and tried to read that. Still I could not figure out some of the drills explained in the book. So I bought the DVD and see all the demo explained in the book. I slowly started following the drill with patience
and practiced regularly with out worrying about the result.
After practising for 4 months everyday for atleast an hour, I am feeling much more comfortable. When other people in my class was struggling to complete a lap in a 25 yard pool, I could easily do 10 laps. The improvement I have felt myself is unbelievable. This is just the beginning and seeing the easiness by swimmers shown in the DVD, there is a long way for me to go. But personally, from struggling to float and to complete 10 laps in 25 yards pool is a huge prize. I thank again Terry Laughlin and his team
for teaching me a way to swim effortlessly. I am eagerly waiting for the "Easy Freestyle" dvd to be released.
Old 11-13-2008

Rhoda

Well done! You've made amazing progress for such a short time.

To put it into perspective, you are swimming better after 6 months than I was after about 7 or 8 years of typical childhood swim lessons, at age 15 or so. That was the year (about 35 years ago?) when I failed the Red Cross Bronze Whatever-It-Was by not being able to swim 50 meters in a given time. I certainly could not have done 10 continuous lengths back then.
Old 11-13-2008
Head Coach

terry has disabled reputation
Default Welcome to TI Nation

Thanks so much for sharing your excitement with us. The reason you've made such progress with TI, while others taking conventional instruction are making so little is explained in the blog I posted today on Why is Active Streamlining Overlooked.
While others narrowly focused on pulling and kicking, you've also been giving attention to reducing drag. Less drag = more laps.

Easy Freestyle was released in the spring. Our next DVD "Outside the Box" will be released Dec 1.
Old 09-11-2012

zzr219400

致拉夫林 特里:

我的《鞭状运动之游泳理论新说》已经发至ti自由泳论坛,请多提宝贵意见!
《新说》为游泳之基础理论。《新说》从鱼的游动出发,从鞭子的甩动出发,从人类游泳(四肢)的往复运动出发 ,找到了它们共同的运动形式----鞭状运动。《新说》进一步发现鞭状运动的性质、特征、以及条件。其中,“8”字循环、最小加速划水、“柔的 艺术”等刚好和全浸的理念吻合。并且和您的全浸式教学训练的内容完成了“理论与实践”的结合与 配套。

请参见:http://鞭状运&#211...fromuid=348763
http://鞭状运&#211...fromuid=348763

Last edited by zzr219400 : 09-12-2012 at 05:42 AM. Reason: 有示意图1、示意图2
Old 09-11-2012

rajsenthil
Default bring back some memories

It is almost 4 years since I started swimming and the journey of learning is continuing even today. Every time I get out of the pool there was something newly discovered and working on mastering it next time. It is overall a pleasant journey.