Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2015

Tom Pamperin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclim View Post
I have a bit of an update.

I just competed in my first Half Ironman last week in Victoria BC, Canada (and my second open water Triathlon after my disastrous 2013 debut).

I finished the 1.9 k in 48:49, which works out to average 2:33/100m pace, which for me is a huge achievement compared to even recent previous pace and endurance. I understand this wet-suit assisted speed does not translate to equivalent in-pool speed, but still, I'm very pleased. Thanks greatly Salvo for this valuable breathing tip, and to likewise to all others for your support and kind help.

P.S. I have just been able to fix a corrupted Garmin Connect file, and I find that my swim time as I recorded it was actually 47:41 (or less!). The previous number was the official time as recorded by a chip reader I passed once I climbed up some way up on the beach. This makes for a minor improvement of 2:30/100m average pace.
Congratulations on your tri swim--nice to be able to swim relaxed and at a good pace, with all the distractions of a race going on around you.