Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012

WFEGb

Andy, Westy,

you've convinced me. (Just read Andy's enthusiastic new thread on it.) Ordered a H2O-Kid and an iPhone shuffle. The H2O-protected iPhone itself has to be ordered from outside Germany an I'm too impatient for waiting several weeks.

One hopefully last question: Which kind of cabs do you use? Just a small one only for fixing the wires or a larger one covering your ears to fix the headphones with.

Thank you very much and best regards!
Old 01-03-2012

westyswoods
Default TT for hearing impaired

WFEGb,

I have not found it necessary to wear a cap as the earbuds I use stay in place remarkably well. I need to use two different sizes, they are easy to take on and off.

Please let us know what you think of the system. I know it sure works for me.
On the other hand one mans pleasure is another's poison.

Swim Silent and Be Well
Westy
Old 01-03-2012

andyinnorway

I would like a bigger cap, my left bud was falling out a bit today, just need to get used to them I think, or I can try different sizes. You get 4 or 5 sized sets with the pack so that helps.
Old 01-09-2012

WFEGb
Default It works!

Andy, Westy,

once more a BIG THANK YOU. It works. Just tested my first beep-files with H2O-audio kid and iPod shuffle. Could hear the (1.00-1.20 much too fast for me) beeps loud enough even when water travelled into the ears.

Now I have to "produce" the needed beep tracks. Will take a deeper bell than the TT beep. And get used to it swimming with cab, goggle and kid (don't like the hassle...) When tested a while I'll be back with some swim questions.

Yours

PS: Andy, think I'd get nervous when swimming with music not in time with my stroke...
Old 01-09-2012

jenson1a

Hey Andy if you are out there--I just got an I-Pod MP3 plalyer with the H20 ear buds. Wondering if you have any suggestions for music? I currently have Canon in D which seems to be a good tempo for me. I also thought about Viennese waltzes, but I tunes seems to have some pretty fast ones. What about Sousa marches? Washington Post in 6/8 time? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sherry
Old 01-09-2012

andyinnorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFEGb View Post
Andy, Westy,

once more a BIG THANK YOU. It works. Just tested my first beep-files with H2O-audio kid and iPod shuffle. Could hear the (1.00-1.20 much too fast for me) beeps loud enough even when water travelled into the ears.

Now I have to "produce" the needed beep tracks. Will take a deeper bell than the TT beep. And get used to it swimming with cab, goggle and kid (don't like the hassle...) When tested a while I'll be back with some swim questions.

Yours

PS: Andy, think I'd get nervous when swimming with music not in time with my stroke...
I ditched my cap as it made the waterproof housing dig into my neck and I had quite heavy back muscle strain for 3 days. Its gone now and like Westy said the buds stay in without the cap. I hook mine over my ears and then down.

Some of the tunes I like for my 6-8 swimming, do you guys have spotify?

http://open.spotify.com/user/andyinn...vQc8H5NxngsZmi

otherwise attached.

These are the slowest well produced tracks I could find on prelimary look. Thats why I have michael bolton not ray charles, better recording standards etc.

I had a great swim on Sunday with the heart rate monitor on and a podcast of a current affairs show, very calming. If you need any help with beep production just ask, depends on your ears. I use a midi-ish snare drum click as its easy to hear but not as irritating as the tt beep.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2012-01-09 at 10.20.35 PM.jpg (20.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-05-2012

WFEGb
Default Swim music

Hi Andy and Westi,

now after three weeks with H2O-kit and iPod-Shuffle I've gotten used to the fumbling with wires and goggle. Some new experiences will lead me to some swim questions which are more likely to this forum...

I don't like registering everywhere... Is it possible to get your music hints elsewhere.

Did you try to fit some rhythms to well defined strokerates with an audioeditor? Think it would be neccesary for me, because a longer swim -with music- has to be in a small TT-range from 1:34 to 1:70...

What's about your experiments with Debussy?

Sincerely

--------------------------
As a reference to (the former) Andy: (Compassionate smile allowed...)
100m 1:44 / 200m 4:13 / 400m 8:28 / 800m *** / 1600m 34:13
Old 05-01-2012

WFEGb
Default MP3s

Hallo,

would have offered it long time ago:

If anyone ist interested in MP3s for an "iPod-TT". I "produced" several from 0.80 up to 2.00 in 0.02 steps. Sound could be called "tubular bell". Periods of time 20min to 35min, announcement on start of each. They'll fit the iPod.

I'll be glad mailing it to interested swimmers. Use in any commercial areas not allowed. And everyone finding it useful should send me a handwritten postcard from his hometown.... :-/

Regards,
Werner

PS: Short message to my nickname et "t-online.de"...
Old 05-02-2012

andyinnorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFEGb View Post
Hi Andy and Westi,

now after three weeks with H2O-kit and iPod-Shuffle I've gotten used to the fumbling with wires and goggle. Some new experiences will lead me to some swim questions which are more likely to this forum...

I don't like registering everywhere... Is it possible to get your music hints elsewhere.

Did you try to fit some rhythms to well defined strokerates with an audioeditor? Think it would be neccesary for me, because a longer swim -with music- has to be in a small TT-range from 1:34 to 1:70...

What's about your experiments with Debussy?

Sincerely

--------------------------
As a reference to (the former) Andy: (Compassionate smile allowed...)
100m 1:44 / 200m 4:13 / 400m 8:28 / 800m *** / 1600m 34:13
Hi Werner,

I haven't had my h2o on since January, not sure why, I think I started to make some breakthroughs on holding precise pace so have been using the TT to facilitate that, also I forgot to take my ipod charger to the States in February so got out of the habit of music and swimming, your post today has reminded me how nice it was.

I think Debussey and the Norwegian lakes this summer could be a good match.
Old 05-05-2012

WFEGb

Hallo Andy,

please let us know how it works. I'm very interested in how you'll manage a rigid stroke rhythm with polyrhythmic in your ears.

Regards,
Werner