Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2018

Tom Pamperin
Default Freestyle auf Deutsch und Englisch

Werner,

hier ist unser Diskussion Platz fur Freistil auf Deutsch und Englisch. Ich begruBe alle Korrekturen du kanst bieten!

Welche Teil von ihre Freistil weiterarbeitest du jetzt? Du haufig Ratschlage gibst (danke fur das), aber nicht so haufig von (oder sagt Man "uber?") deine eigenes Schwimmen schrieben.

Last edited by Tom Pamperin : 06-10-2018 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-10-2018

Danny

Hi Tom,

wir haben schon ein Forum "Total Immersion auf Deutsch". Ist nicht viel drin, aber schau es an. Das Interesse war bisher nicht sehr gross, aber das kann sich aendern!
Old 06-10-2018

Tom Pamperin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Hi Tom,

wir haben schon ein Forum "Total Immersion auf Deutsch". Ist nicht viel drin, aber schau es an. Das Interesse war bisher nicht sehr gross, aber das kann sich aendern!
Zur Kenntnis genommen--aber hier die Idee ist, wir von die USA auf Deutsch schrieben will, und Werner (und andere Deutschsprachige) auf Englisch antworten will. Aber vielleicht diese Diskussion ist nicht erforderlich? Was denkst du?

(Ich hatte ich nicht gewusst das du Deutsch sprechst!)
Old 06-10-2018

WFEGb

Hello Tom, Danny,

great to read German here. But really think in general we should stay in English (or that restricted code I'm calling "English"). We shouldn't scare others like Cathy and can spare our "crosstalk" for private mails, because the main language here should stay English in an American forum.

My own swimming/stroke... difficult to put it into the right place between too critical and too upset. If I'm not too much mistaken the sequenze all my posts here in the forums should show the develoment. Over all I'd say I'm a slow stroker and not a fast swimmer (slow swimmer might be more exact - faster SR than 1.20 are only for short distances, 200m becomes a threshold). My SL I'd call fairly variable from 12-21SPL (SCM with one to two adjustment-lengths), can't swim every SL with every SR. 16SPL seems the most stable (we had some posts about that). I'm able to demonstrate every part of the TI-drills, at least the focused parts of them seperated and integrated in whole stroke. And I'm able to give my students (from 11 to 81 years) some TI-hints and help for improvement. Although I am aware of some shortcomings in my own stroke... and if other coaches have a look they'll surely find several more. Diffcult to get hints from non-coaches because they don't realize the differences which are open to me when swimming. My own pooltimes are filled with 2-4 different FPs in 50m-1000m parts. Total distance time- and day-dependend from 2-3km. Mostly only three times weekly. 5km was the longest distance till now I swam relaxed, stressfree and nearly continuous on the end of an OW-workshop.

I started FS-swimming with 60, became a coach with 65 and am now 67. Terry (sigh!) has been just a month younger than me. Met him two times and we changed several emails as friends, last ones around my translation-work from his 1.0 and 2.0 Mastery into German. Where Terry and TI particularly encouraged me was to stay curious and learn something from everyone.

Hardest point of Kaizen for me is to be as patient with myself as am with my students and to live in good mood with aged-set limits (hard to identify them as and if they are...). FE some weeks ago I swam 12weeks with a rigid plan, found real limits and (also measurable) improvement. Then a small surgery hit me for three weeks out of pool... and the measurements showed I'm where I started in the beginning of the 12 weeks... (OK, feeling has changed...)

What annoys me most is, that the owner-company of all pools here is not willing to accept anything of TI. I'm definitely not allowed to coach TI official in any pool... We have to call it "friendship help" and the so called other coaches around are only willing to blame what we do in unkind ways and words... and photos/videos are strictly forbidden.

Ha, became a long post and another exercise in English writing. Not sure if it hit your point...

Best regards,
Werner
Old 06-11-2018

Danny

Hi Tom,

There is a grand total of 2 posts in the forum "Total Immersion auf Deutsch". (One of them is from Werner!). So I think we can safely do whatever we want to on that forum without upsetting anyone. As for me, my wife is German, and we speak German at home. I lived for 6 years in Germany (which is where I met my wife). I must admit that German is quite different for me than, say, freestyle. Over the years I have come to regard my German as a tool which, although it exhibits many flaws, enables me to communicate with my wife and friends in Germany. Thus improving my German using Kaizen methods kind of got dropped a long time ago, and I squander most of my Kaizen efforts on improving my freestyle (which, in the end, may be no better than my German!). But we can talk in German (or in English) any time you like on the other forum. Mixing the two languages is a nasty habit that becomes kind of unavoidable over time when you try to talk about issues in America in German.