Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012

swimust
Default The moment of body rotation in Shinji swim

Hello CoachDavidShen and Ladyfish,
You may have missed my question on the other thread with all my mumbling which maybe meaningless sometimes.
CoachDavidShen said that I make some ineteresting and valid points so here is my question:

2 days ago I found that the best moment to switch from hip roll to body rotation (shoulder twist) is the moment the deltoid of the spearing hand is submerged under water. This made a big difference and I believe that now I found my body rotation and I do it on time and in the correct way.
Do I have confirmation from you about this or not? I will not be disappointed if thats not the case. Its just a part of the learning process and you seem to be willing to help (a lot).
Thanks for any tip.
Old 04-18-2012

Ladyfish

Hi Swimust,

I am flattered that you asked me such a question but I defer to a coach to answer it.
Old 04-18-2012
Coach

CoachDavidShen

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimust View Post
Hello CoachDavidShen and Ladyfish,
You may have missed my question on the other thread with all my mumbling which maybe meaningless sometimes.
CoachDavidShen said that I make some ineteresting and valid points so here is my question:

2 days ago I found that the best moment to switch from hip roll to body rotation (shoulder twist) is the moment the deltoid of the spearing hand is submerged under water. This made a big difference and I believe that now I found my body rotation and I do it on time and in the correct way.
Do I have confirmation from you about this or not? I will not be disappointed if thats not the case. Its just a part of the learning process and you seem to be willing to help (a lot).
Thanks for any tip.
That sounds right. Your spearing hand/arm should already be in the water and the kick should connect thru the hip and body rotation to shoot the spear forward. The best way is to wait until the spearing arm has already dropped into the water, which probably means your shoulder is also in the water as well.