FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2015

truwani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenturtle View Post
Hi Truwani,

Do you want to know his secret trick?

Doing this drill every day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNLaFqPgg6w (2 min 15) ha ,ha.

Is he already struggling? Even this doesnt look to bad I think, although it disappointed me that he didnt do fly at the end.;-)
Zenturtle oh my god, even if this drill would allow me to triple my performance, I would not even dare to execute it in my local pool: pretty sure the lifeguard would take me out of the water and put me in a madhouse!!
Old 10-22-2015
TI Coach

CoachEricDeSanto

Werner,
I left out the part about all the years of therapy it took me to be able to say that!
Albuquerque, NM 87111
http://www.sites.google.com/site/des...achingsystems/
Old 10-22-2015

WFEGb

Hello Eric,

read your Bio and have deeply respect to your way and mind!

Two things (off topic here) seem particularly remarkable to me:

Quote:
IF YOU ARE PATIENT, YOUR BODY WILL LET YOU LEARN.
Although patience is not my extraordinary gift, I'd advocate it... and hope it's not only being blind for reality Limits...

Quote:
THE GREATEST MARK OF A GREAT TEACHER IS ONE WHO'S STUDENTS REGULARLY SURPASS HIS OWN ABILITIES.
Also full approval. These are the greatest experiences one will earn as a teacher. Sad enough this didn't make me a great teacher... let's say, not so bad...

Thanks and best regards,
Werner
Old 10-22-2015

WFEGb

Hello Zenturtle,

Quote:
Is he already struggling? ...
No, I don't think so. He's doing extremely well with that "handicap". Might be interesting what hints a TI-Coach might give him to swim this drill even better, if possible...

Best regards,
Werner

PS: ... yes, better fly...
Old 10-22-2015

Zenturtle

I didn watch good enough.
His first 25m is fly. With the dive and 2 kicks per stroke, his last lap is a half free without the dive and 3 kicks per stroke.

Last edited by Zenturtle : 10-22-2015 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2015

Danny

Quote:
I didn watch good enough.
His first 25m is fly. With the dive and 2 kicks per stroke, his last lap is a half free without the dive and 3 kicks per stroke.
To the casual observer, one-armed fly can look a lot like one-armed freestyle. The difference one sees in the usual form of one-armed fly is that they recommend you keep your other arm extended in front of you (for reasons I'm not sure I understand) whereas in one-armed free they suggest keeping your other arm down by your side. I guess the arm in front of you helps in fly when the working arm comes forward and helps with the undulation, but I'm not sure.
Old 10-25-2015
TI Coach

CoachBillGreentree

Quote:
Seems to me a lot of TI coaches are adult onset swimmers themselfes, so whatever swimtechnique, its almost impossible to achieve the same skill and feel of people who learned and swam a lot more hours as kids.

Some of us are, some aren't. I am in the sense that I learned to swim from the Red Cross as a kid but did very little swimming as an adult until 5 years ago.

As for whether we struggle, of course we do. We have our own injuries, tight and weak muscles, good days and bad just as everyone else. It's just a matter of trying to continually improve and focus on areas that need improvement.

You can use the knowledge you have as a TI swimmer to either say "Oh look, I need to improve on < >" or you can use it to say "I stink, I'll never get this down." Most all of us have those mental battles upon occasion. The trick is to recognize such thoughts as simply thoughts and let go of them instead of embracing them, then get on with what you came to the pool or ocean to do.

As for times, my longer course open water swimming, 1500 meters plus, have improved dramatically in the past few years. While my 100 yard times haven't seen the same percentage improvements they have also improved and continue to do so. I tend to track SPL closer than I do lap times anyway. Also, I'm rarely attempting to speed through a pool session. I use those for practicing technique and when the ocean here is too rough to swim in.

Aloha
Old 10-25-2015

WFEGb

Hello CoachBillGreentree,

Quote:
...As for whether we struggle, of course we do. We have our own injuries, tight and weak muscles, good days and bad just as everyone else. ...
... And your critcal eye sharpend parallel to your stroke improvement over the years? So what you call your struggle maybe a fairly good TI-stroke for my naive eyes... :-)

Best regards,
Wener