Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Find a TI Training Buddy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2009

Ken B
Default TI in NZ

I have 4 probables including myself just in my New Zealand small town of Wanganui. I'm sure there are lots more.
Old 09-22-2009

rcburne@hotmail.com

Fiona

Come to London. I know you came before but I saw your message too late. Anyone else in West London interested?

Rick
Old 09-29-2009

sabali33
Send a message via Yahoo to sabali33 Send a message via Skype™ to sabali33
Default Ghana needs TI

[QUOTE=CoachFiona;1585]Hello Swimmers,
I am researching the possibilities of doing a TI "world tour" and setting up workshops in places where we have not had TI as well as coordinating in some spots where we do have TI with our local TI reps....Asia, Israel, Oz and cities in Europe such as Barcelona, Rome and Gotenberg or Stockholm who have yet to see TI. I would like to see what kind of interest there would be in this and whether any swimmers out there in the have any locations in mind where they would like to see a TI camp happen and could help coordinate a pool.
Please contact me at fiona@totalimmersion.net.
Thank you!
FL[/QUOTE]

I think Ghana needs TI. I am the only person who swims the TI approach in Ghana. Though swimming it is not as developed as that introducing TI will create peoples interest in the discipline. I have working hard to get people into not just swimming the TI approach but swimming in general. For this reason I registered a business for this. I would be able to organise a swimming pool for this service. Please let me know if you can make it happen
Old 09-15-2011

Arvind Oak

Recently joined TI. And hugely enthusiastic about it. (Gave myself a 55th birthday present last year, consisting of learning to swim freestyle..!) Is there any possibility of a tour of India? I can recommend Pune (near Mumbai) where I live. There is a huge sports facility and plenty of enthusiasm if you were to plan a trip. There are already several coaching facilities here who might be interested.
Old 09-15-2011

j0yce
Default Whats Happened To Ti In Australia

Hi Fiona,

Would love you to come to Sydney.

I did a TI weekend with Terry , when he was down here several years ago.

Now there is nothing here, such a shame.

Always time for a refresher.

Best Wishes,

Sandi R.
Old 09-16-2011

CoachKevin
Default TI Australia

Hi, Sandi.
Although the TI company in Oz isn't working now, there is an Australian coach listed on the Learn TI page - http://www.totalimmersion.net/ti-worldwide
I'd contact him to see what's going on. There are still plenty of TI coaches around the country who could help you.
If you don't get any joy, let me know & I'll come downunder to run some workshops!
Dubai, UAE
Old 09-17-2011

The Parrot
Default Ti London

[QUOTE=rcburne@hotmail.com;5961]Fiona

Come to London. I know you came before but I saw your message too late. Anyone else in West London interested?

Rick[/QUOTE]

+1. I will gladly drive up from Dorset for this

Martin T
Old 09-29-2011

Stijn
Default Let's make a TI stop in Belgium

Dear Fiona, Terry, and the others,

I read this thread just now, but must say: let’s organize a TI workshop in Belgium! I am sure to be able to gather at least the minimal number of participants (I rather think that there will be a waiting list). Also arranging a pool will not be a problem (I am linked to the triathlon community, and also have connections with a swimming team).
Last year, I already corresponded with Terry about organizing a TI course in Belgium, because I would like to start up a TI platform for the Benelux (Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg). Due to having other priorities (among which concluding my PhD), and having no concrete arrangements, these plans were put in the fridge. I believe this is a right time to get them out again.
If you prefer an outdoor pool, June would probably be the best month: outdoor pools already open whereas the summer holidays have not started yet (perhaps May, July-September, are also possible, but I would have to check this out first). For indoor pools, any time of year would be fine.

Some advantages of coming to Belgium:
- TI does not yet have an agent/coach in the Benelux. I would like to start this up, and your coming would surely give a boost to this.
- Paris, London, Amsterdam,… they are all just a 2 hour ride by train. (Several Olympic teams will use Belgium as their base camp during the Olympics in London next summer.)

Hoping to hearing from you,
Stijn
(You can always reach me by email: StijnRottiers[the ‘at’ sign]hotmail[dot]com)
Old 09-29-2011

jpwkeeper

St. Mary's County, Maryland. Although that may be too remote even for you guys ;)

I could probably set up the whole thing with the pool. There are two options, both of which are indoor (one is permanent, the other is inside an inflatable bubble in the winter).

Of course, the ironic part is that I probably wouldn't qualify for it myself since they usually require you to be able to swim 100 yards and I can't swim 25. That and I'm not sure if I could afford it.
Old 09-29-2011

CoachKevin

[QUOTE=jpwkeeper;22330]St. Mary's County, Maryland. Although that may be too remote even for you guys ;)

I could probably set up the whole thing with the pool. There are two options, both of which are indoor (one is permanent, the other is inside an inflatable bubble in the winter).

Of course, the ironic part is that I probably wouldn't qualify for it myself since they usually require you to be able to swim 100 yards and I can't swim 25. That and I'm not sure if I could afford it.[/QUOTE]
Jpwkeeper, e-mail me & let's get something going there. I'll direct the workshop & we can take as many swimmers as you can round up - kevin@swimtech.net
Dubai, UAE