Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013

StuartK
Default How much kick

Is there an ideal force to use with the two beat kick? Is the kick just to aid rotation or does it help in providing extra forward propulsion. There's a difference between Terry and Shinji and some videos show even more vigorous action. If I kick really hard I can spin myself over if I don't correct it which is obviously a waste of effort, therefore should I try and minimise the kick/flick to just sufficient to aid rotation?
Old 05-24-2013

Mike from NS

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartK View Post
Is there an ideal force to use with the two beat kick? Is the kick just to aid rotation or does it help in providing extra forward propulsion. There's a difference between Terry and Shinji and some videos show even more vigorous action. If I kick really hard I can spin myself over if I don't correct it which is obviously a waste of effort, therefore should I try and minimise the kick/flick to just sufficient to aid rotation?
Not all that long ago Terry mentioned the kick is unlike that used for a soccer ball. But rather he suggests more of a constant pressure than a rapid kick. (If I understood correctly.) In the post where he mentioned this he explained that he had a class observe his kick and had them comment. Their consensus was that he "kicked" with a constant pressure rather than a whip. I'm still stuck at the furiopus whip and get the over-rotation you mention Stuart. But then, in golf, I also used the mentality " swing hard - in case you actually hit the ball".

Mike