Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012

derber
Default TI Instruction in China?

I'm an American living in China for work reasons. I've become a TI student and started with the book and DVD. Starting with zero swim experience, I've definitely made some progress with the self-teaching method. Floating is no longer a struggle. When I kick, I now move forward (not backwards). I also have a great understanding of the importance of body roll for propulsion and 'slipperiness'!

Breathing is where I fall apart. I simply cannot put it together. I think personal TI instruction is my next step.

Are there any TI instructors or highly skilled students in China? I'm in the Shanghai area, but I would be flexible in traveling to a different location within China for instruction.

Regards,
Triathlete-wannabe
Old 06-21-2012

yurenhui

Hi derber,

I am chinese and also a TI lover.As far as I know ,there is no TI workshop here.
But I will say TI is very popular during the biggest chinese swim forums.And some one is quite good at it.I know there is a good teacher in Shanghai,he learned TI in USA and maybe already got the coach certificate.I just dont know how to contact him.Sorry.

Here is a link of a chinese TI lover:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQzMTUzNzQw.html
Old 12-16-2012

Wop

Hi Derber,
Not sure if you are still interested, I came across an ad for TI workshop to be held in Hong Kong sometime in February next year. I can try to search the ad once more if you still plan to attend a workshop.
Good luck with your swim.