Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2012

andyinnorway
Default TT Mark 1 R.I.P

My Tempo trainer pro conked out on me as the waterproof seal was faulty. I took the battery out, cleaned the rusty connections and all was good with a new battery.

Still thought I should put a layer of silicon seal around it before trying it in water again.

Enter my lovely reliable blue version. Speeding across the lake at a ferocious (yet controlled) 1.0SR and 'plop' out of my hat it falls. I turn, I search, I hear the beeps fading into the depths but rescue was not possible.

It will now be beeping sadly at the bottom of the lake scaring the fish till its little battery gives up. The new one's may not be as watertight but at least they float.

the Sun is shining today and I have a 10 year wedding anniversary. Life is good. :)
Old 06-08-2012

Richardsk

You mean the battery can be replaced on the early model? i thought when the battery went that was it. Is it easy to open it up?
Old 06-08-2012

KatieK

I lost one that way too. Now when I use the tempo trainer in open water, I put it in ziploc bag. That's just enough to make it float.
Old 06-08-2012

Grant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardsk View Post
You mean the battery can be replaced on the early model? i thought when the battery went that was it. Is it easy to open it up?
Richard
There was a post a while ago where a guy said he opened the TT by carefully using a hack saw to open it. Then replaced the battery and sealed the two halfs together. Can't remember what he used to seal it, but he said it worked well after.
I bought a new one about a month ago and it was still the old model that does not allow easy access. Did not know there was a newer model.
Old 06-08-2012

Mike from NS

Happy Anniversary Andy !! Some things are more important than a tempo trainer --- enjoy the day and the many years ahead.

Think of the tempo trainer on the bottom as something similar to the Mars lander ..... as long as the battery works -- someone - or something might hear it !!

Mike
Old 06-08-2012

tomoy

I wonder if the fish will start flipping at 1 stroke per second in that vicinity.
Old 06-08-2012

Richardsk

If it takes a hacksaw to get into the TT I don't think I'll bother. Perhaps I'll just carry on singing songs in my head.
Old 06-08-2012

Mike from NS

Hi Richard,

"Row, row, row your boat" ?? Will that work for setting swimming tempos ??

I sing a song in my head when skiing to help with rhythmic flow down the hill too. Long way off until the next ski season :-(
Mike
Old 06-08-2012

Richardsk

"Row row, row your boat" is one of the favourites, recommended long ago by Pat who used to splash around these parts, but nearly any tune in 6/8 time will do. J.P Sousa would provide plenty of good tunes and if you are looking for a nice relaxed tempo "Greensleeves", attributed to Henry VIII, would do. I quite like "Father O' Flynn" to the Irish jig tune "The Top of Cork Road".
Old 06-09-2012

andyinnorway

I swim very relaxed on skater's waltz,

but billy joel's piano man is great for having lots of verses so 5 minutes of swimming without repetition.