Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2011

kobac
Send a message via Skype™ to kobac
Default Video analysis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37wRCAOs6Aw

Here's a video of mine.
Sorry for the bad quality from phone camera, but digital cameras are not allowed on pool where I swim. Nevertheless, I've managed to smuggle a phone ;)

Even though, I'm self-taught I greatly appreciate TI concept and lots of things I use in my swimming are from TI. The rest are some calibrated ideas I've came to on my own, empirically.

My only goal is to enjoy swimming i.e. swim with minimal resistance and feel the water around me, nothing else.

I usually swim around 11-13 strokes per 25m. I think it'll be meaningless if I try to swim with less strokes for that distance since, in that case, I feel that I'm loosing the rhythm and struggling with the water.

I would like to here general opinion on my overall stroke and rhythm, especially from head TI coaches.

I promise that soon I'll film my swim with higher resolution so you could see my stroke details better.

Cheers
Old 05-24-2011

borate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobac View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37wRCAOs6Aw

My only goal is to enjoy swimming i.e. swim with minimal resistance and feel the water around me, nothing else...
I would like to here general opinion on my overall stroke and rhythm, especially from head TI coaches.
I am not a coach, but from my vantage point you're a competent, well-balanced swimmer who should have no problem attaining your stated goal.

Video is indistinct, but it appears that you might benefit from splashing less upon entry, and creating minimum bubbles (disturbance).
We'll be looking forward to underwater shots and higher resolution.
Old 05-24-2011

Jeph

I agree with borate--the entry is the only place needing a tune-up. Work on those mail slot visuals and minimizing bubbles and splashing.
Old 05-24-2011

kobac
Send a message via Skype™ to kobac

I have a bigger ape index, as they call it in SwimSmooth (nearly 15cm longer arms then my height is) so I've found it a bit easier to rotate if I straighten my arm a bit during the entry, but I'll try to move the entry point a bit closer to the shoulder and see what'll happen.
thanks for the insight.