Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2018
Hakken

Default I'm cured!

Hey Everybody,

It's a "miracle"! Several months ago a gym trainer gave me a long menu of exercises to correct my rib flare condition. It wasn't a clinical issue, but it was quite pronounced. I didn't have time to follow his menu. What I did do was swim 1K a day. Actually, 20 x 50 four or five days a week. Well, I've just looked down and found my left side completely normal and the right 80% improved. I even had one arch that had gone flat and that has reversed. Whoohoo!

For two years I've been back in the pool after drilling from Coach Terry's book for 9 months 14 years ago. With no coach on sight I ended up having to rehab my shoulder and then give up on it for 12 years. Immediately after starting back two years ago I got why I had to rehab. Since then it has been it's a lot of learning. Great!

I am constantly "adjusting" my back when on dry land. It pops in so many different ways.

Thank you! Thank you!
Old 03-07-2018
thaddeus.ward@gmail.com

Love it! Great story.
Old 03-14-2018
liolio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakken View Post
Hey Everybody,

It's a "miracle"! Several months ago a gym trainer gave me a long menu of exercises to correct my rib flare condition. It wasn't a clinical issue, but it was quite pronounced. I didn't have time to follow his menu. What I did do was swim 1K a day. Actually, 20 x 50 four or five days a week. Well, I've just looked down and found my left side completely normal and the right 80% improved. I even had one arch that had gone flat and that has reversed. Whoohoo!

For two years I've been back in the pool after drilling from Coach Terry's book for 9 months 14 years ago. With no coach on sight I ended up having to rehab my shoulder and then give up on it for 12 years. Immediately after starting back two years ago I got why I had to rehab. Since then it has been it's a lot of learning. Great!

I am constantly "adjusting" my back when on dry land. It pops in so many different ways.

Thank you! Thank you!
Congrats! Hope the situation consolidates well :)
Old 03-14-2018
liolio

May not be the right forum but so far swimming has done a lot for me too.
Clearly contrary to some belief you can hurt yourself, pretty easily on top of it but if you work on you self awareness it is a great tool overall.