Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2018
Bada Bing

Default A Bit of Fun For Friday

Just recently, I have noticed myself subconsciously doing exercises during my normal day. These have included land based switches walking around the house, hip drives in the office and yesterday in a meeting, controlled breathing exercise with bilateral fish hook/popeye mouth.
I can honestly say, that I don't know if anyone has noticed, except maybe my Wife when I was sliding my arm over the barrel when I should have been discussing decor.

Is this swimming thing getting out of hand at this point? Has anyone else found themselves doing anything similar?

Andy
Old 03-23-2018
coach

CoachStuartMcDougal

HI Andy,

Lol - that is pretty common to rehearse positions throughout the day. Watch out for the "popeye", some at work might think you have a medical condition :-) I'm always aware and adjusting posture whether sitting or standing. Anytime I climb a flight of stairs, shift pelvis forward in line with shoulders/head/spine and ankles, feel a gentle stretch across the hip flexors tugging on the thighs, and march right up. Being engaged on land will only make you much more aware when in the water.

Keep up the good work and mindfulness!

Stu
Old 03-23-2018

WFEGb

Hello Andy,

Stuart:
Quote:
Watch out for the "popeye", some at work might think you have a medical condition :-)
Be glad if they'll only give a "medical" diagnosis... :-)

Best regards,
Werner