Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2017
paarulc@gmail.com

Default Superman to Skate Help

I am having trouble with the concept of sliding the VW hood to the bumper. Is this for your spear hand after the mail slot to reach farther or is this to help with getting the spear hand to the cargo pocket? Anyone else have any other analogies that makes more sense to them? Thanks!

Last edited by keith : 05-11-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-10-2017

Tom Pamperin

[quote=paarulc@gmail.com;62700]I am having trouble with the concept of sliding the VW hood to the bumper. Is this for your spear hand after the mail slot to reach farther or is this to help with getting the spear hand to the cargo pocket? Anyone else have any other analogies that makes more sense to them? Thanks!

Your first guess is right: after the mail slot entry, you should spear downward and forward (i.e. at a relaxed diagonal), as if you were sitting in the front seat of the VW Bug and trying to reach over the rounded hood to touch the bumper.

I think this visual/sensory cue was created to get people spearing more deeply, and avoid a flat entry with the arm. The point is that the spearing motion should finish with your lead hand extended forward of, and BELOW, your main body line. The deeper spear helps fore-and-aft balance so your hips float higher.

Last edited by keith : 05-11-2017 at 03:15 PM.