Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Coach Blogs
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: This focus of a workshop...
Interests me now- I have become more efficent but want to kick it up a bit 18 69.23%
Interests me for the future 8 30.77%
isn't for me- I'm still working on the basics of form and balance and don't want to rush it 2 7.69%
I have further questions about the format and focus before signing up 1 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2009
Coach

CoachDave
Default Total immersion- Advanced

I'm very excited to debut a new workshop from the Central TI office. We'll be launching this clinic in Towson, MD, San Francisco, Ca, and Minneapolis, MN but expect more of these soon in many of our most popular locations. Let us know if you think we need one near you! Take a look:

I recently worked with Terry Laughlin on developing a new format for follow-up workshops. This format builds on the TI foundation of form and efficiency and guides the swimmer into further training for speed development at any distance. It will feel more like a workout, and you'll be given a flash drive with all of our filming and some workouts and development articles on it, too. Because of the level of experience required to lead these workshops, the ratio is slightly higher, but the added materials make this clinic an excellent investment for continued improvement.

The clinic in two weeks is the national debut of this format, and I'm very excited on the development so far. Please consider being part of a new chapter in Total Immersion swimming!

Please note- this clinic opens today, and we expect it to fill quickly! There will be further Level II workshops like this on weekends we are running TI workshops in Towson

Register Here

Thank you,
Dave Cameron

Freestyle Made Faster
Three hours (two pool and two classroom sessions)

This intensive supplemental workshop is intended for those who have established an efficiency foundation using a Total Immersion workshop. We’ll review and refine your technique with video analysis, provide personalized focal points for continuing improvement and teach you how to use stroke tempo training for “easy speed” to improve your pace for distances up to and beyond a mile.
TI Master Coach Dave Cameron will film you from multiple angles, to show you the strengths and weaknesses of your form – and how changes in pace affect your form. We’ll also cycle through a menu of focal points and use the Tempo Trainer to show you your specific priorities for speed development within practice sessions. You will leave with a clear plan for improvement and a guide for structuring your own workouts in the future.

All attendees will receive a flash drive filled with practices designed for technical awareness and tempo development with breaking down the stroke, video clips of their stroke at multiple speeds, above and underwater and at different tempos, and articles relevant to their continuing improvement in freestyle speed, grace, and flow.

Note: We will test your ability to maintain efficiency at a range of distances and tempos, some of them challenging. You will be better preparedc if you’ve been in consistent practice for at least 2 to 3 hours per week before the workshop. Because of the volume of filming, additional materials and filming provided, and skill level of coaching required for this clinic, the ratio of swimmer-to-coach is different than that of the weekend workshops.

Cost: $125
Towson- Register HERE
www.ywcampls.org/ti
www.ywcampls.org/otters
www.distancedave.com
Old 10-22-2009

sasquatch
Default pre-requisites?

I'm self taught (books and videos) but this is the next step for me and something I'd really like to do. Any problem with someone attending if they haven't been to an official workshop/camp before?
Old 10-23-2009

AWP

I second that question, thanks.
Old 10-23-2009

mandll

Any idea when one might be held in the Raleigh NC area?
Old 10-26-2009
Coach

CoachDave
Default Some answers...

Self-taught might work- I'd guess that I would want to see the stroke on film and make a call on that. Have someone take your cell phone, see if there is a video function on the camera (most have this without knowing it), and take a 50-yard clip of building rate. Send it to 952-807-3774 and I'll let you know.
In general, I would recommend trying out the clinic or private instruction with a TITP first.
As for Raleigh, I can put it on the map- my brother lives there and it might be easier to set one up that way.
www.ywcampls.org/ti
www.ywcampls.org/otters
www.distancedave.com
Old 10-27-2009

naj
Default When are you coming to S.F.

Hey Coach Dave, when are you making the trip out to S.F. for this TI Level Two and how much will it cost?

Naji
Old 10-27-2009

mjm
Default TI Advanced

Dave:

I would also be interested in the Raleigh, NC workshop. Of course, you know Brian Barndt is a TI coach in the Raleigh area.

mjm
Old 10-27-2009
Coach

CoachJohnB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm View Post
Dave:

I would also be interested in the Raleigh, NC workshop. Of course, you know Brian Barndt is a TI coach in the Raleigh area.

mjm
But keep in mind, this is a new course being offered by TI. Dave Cameron has worked directly with Terry on developing the format and objectives.
This will be a more advanced course than being offered by the majority of TI coaches presently.
Old 10-27-2009
Coach

CoachDave
Default San Fran

I'll be there for the December workshop, directing with a group of coaches I've done probably a dozen workshops with. We'll be offering two separate TI-Advanced clinics there- one on Saturday evening and one on Sunday evening.
www.ywcampls.org/ti
www.ywcampls.org/otters
www.distancedave.com
Old 11-09-2009
Head Coach

terry has disabled reputation

Dave conducted the first TI 2.0 workshop in Towson MD this weekend. I'll eagerly look for his feedback on it tomorrow.
I will attend the next TI 2.0 workshop in San Francisco the first weekend in Dec to see first-hand how it goes. We will definitely expand the concept after this limited series of tests.

May your laps be as happy as mine.

My TI Story