Total Immersion Forums  

Go Back   Total Immersion Forums > Freestyle
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2017

Danny

sclim, thanks for your very detailed answer to my questions. We have obviously gotten off the topic of swimming, and I will probably try to find the time at some point to send you a Personal Message on this forum in which I ask some more questions.

Just as background, my previous diabetologist, who retired some 5 yr ago at the age of 89, was the first person to suggest this diet to me. He said that the only way to know if it would work was to try it, but I might find it helpful. As for difficulty acclimatizing to lower blood sugars, my blood sugars tend to run in the normal range, below 120, so that shouldn't be a problem. I hope you don't mean that, with a low carb diet, I will be running in the 50-60 range, since that would make me nervous.

The down side to all of this is one that I have dealt with for years, which is that my diet is already so specialized that I hate being invited to dinner anywhere or eating in restaurants. Some people mistake this as being anti-social, but it is just that I can't afford to eat the way other people do, and most people have difficulty understanding this.

Enough said. We can take up any further discussion on this using PMs, so we don't bore everyone else.
Old 03-13-2017

Danny

sclim, by the way, I just started a thread about another subject on the forum "Swim you way to health" and you might have some useful input for me there. It's hard to get solid information on this subject so any input people might have would be appreciated.