Originally Posted by CoachBobM
I breathe in through my mouth and out through my nose.
But I'm not clear from your post what your issue is with breathing. What problems are you encountering?
well i guess im not 100% sure, but here are the facts...
1. When i exhale in teh water, blowing out through my mouth, if i slowly blow out, i literrally probably have 6-7 strokes. cant be good
2. Article after article, "breath out with your face in the water, until you turn your head and ready for air. Well, the moment you blow out "completely" your head better be turned for air , otherwise you either are
a. Holding your breath until your mouth surfaces...not good
b. sucking down water ...not good
maybe im not reading that direction right
3. mentally when i turn my head most times, im then "lifting" before placing back down, and thus halting my momentum...
4. Out of breath....even when i get a good breath, by the time the next stroke comes, i feel out of braeth/tense....
i may be going to fast, but i feel like if im going slow, i sink.....
Tomorrow i try my FInis front snorkel, hoping i can get a great stroke, to do the following:
1. Identify if im out of breath even when i CAN breath...
2. Perfect my balance, stroke etc...so breathing becomes only issue..
as a sidenote, im 6 foot 180, 8-9% bodyfat, and outside hte pool, in GREAT shape, muscalarly and cardio