View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010

jan ameling
Default I need advice on stretching routine for swimming specific flexibility

Hi my friends,

On average, I swim 3 to 4 times a week and walk 10k 1 or 2 times a week. Yesterday, I added strenght training to my exercise routine using a beginners strenght training plan.

A while ago I found a great website called www.scoobysworkshop.com
This is a strenght training/ bodybuilding website owned by a man called Scooby. He's really a kind man with lots of advice on working out, nutrition. Best of all is that his website is for free. If you care I'd say have a look. You won't be disappointed.

(Didn't that just sound like a radio ad? Sorry about that but I just love this guy's site).

But nevertheless I fear it's quite likely that I will lose some range of motion now I started lifting weights. I'm am not very flexible, especially in my thighs.
I do stretch before every swim I take and after every time I workout, but I think I need some good advice.

I need flexibility specific to swimming (freestyle). Do you guys know a good stretching routine to get that sort of flexibility? Could you also please tell me what you guys do in order to keep and improve your flexibility?

Thanks a million everybody and keep on swimming.