View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018

Zenturtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachStuartMcDougal View Post
ZT,

Terry sinks in th.........other than creating the impulse to pull?

The single arm fly you posted too creates the impulse to pull ..... The single arm fly I use with my swimmers, opposite arm remains in front to maintain balance
Mindbodyandswim.com
OK. one arm always in front makes front- rear balance easier I agree. But more or less blocks rotation, and teaches 100% catchup timing which is not optimal normal swimtiming.
OK. It does force the swimmer to use the core/hip/leg region to use as a foundation for throwing that arm forward.
There is nothing else left to help that movement. Is that what you want to achieve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachStuartMcDougal View Post
ZT,
...as the high side arm swings forward from the pelvis accessing external forces of the weight and momentum as it swings forward and thus minimizing and being aware of primal impulses to pull to stabilize the vessel.

Mindbodyandswim.com

External forces of the weight and momentum?... Where do you think that weight gets its momentum from?
You alway talk about primal instincts to pull. So what place does the pull have in the stroke besides being primal and intinctive? (instinctive being to balance and get to air I suppose)

Last edited by Zenturtle : 08-07-2018 at 10:44 AM.