Thread: new video (V17)
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012

andyinnorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridien96 View Post
@andyinnorway:
Thanks! This was actual in our city's new pool, unfortunately the light was very dim. Will look better in summer, if I meet that diver again (hopefully...). Og er du fra Trøndelag? ;)

@bx:
I agree V08 may have looked more graceful. After my progress got stuck for a for time, I tried to find ways to further improve. Starting point was a video of Grant Hackett, swimming his 1500m world record. He did the 6BK and I tried to copy from him. I do this to get more grip in the water (vs. pulling my arms through the water). I felt this is easier to archieve when I have already some propulsion from the legs. Also my arms don't get tired so fast when I use more legs. The kick in V17 may look busier than it feels for me. With V17 I'm much faster now!

@POK:
Yes, 3000m is no problem. When I swim *really* long (say > 10K), I switch to 2BK with some 4BK or 6BK from time to time (e.g. after turns). The high ellbows was (and still is) a long process. I began 18 month ago and sometimes do it better and sometimes worse. This is the first time I think it really looks how I wanted it. No drills, but I do from time to time some gymnastics, e.g. when I walk around in my appartment. Stretching out to the ceiling, and trying to grab that water with EVF. I must admit I do this frequently.

Btw, does anybody know this gizmo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzEZ6-OkeFQ
Have it since 2 weeks, I think it's a great tool!
Thats amazing that someone your level can recommend that, I thought it was one of the funnier ones made by finis but had considered it as my offside rotation is suboptimal. I might get one now you say its good.

Jeg er ikke norsk, bare på en lang besøk.