View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018
whoiscathy

Default I don't know what those drills are

Hello,

those are not part of the current TI material. I actually have no idea what they are. By the way I hate these cryptic names... Anyway... the situation is that I'm still way too deep in the water unless I'm in a wetsuit. In a wetsuit, I'm in a perfect position to breathe. Without... I drown. It's a thin wetsuit (3/2/2). And that's ALL the help I seem to need to get myself UP in the water.

I actually give up at this point. I give up on learning to breathe in a swimsuit. I'll wear the wetsuit and screw this thing. I don't invest in this anymore. I want to swim outside anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaddeus.ward@gmail.com View Post
Yes. So many things. I am pretty new to this and have been overwhelmed at times as well. Breathing, however, is not optional.

I am not a coach.... so take this with a grain of salt.

I would go back to the underswitch drills. Here's why..

Getting your mouth to oxygen should mostly be done by your body roll. Twisting you neck only gives you the last little bit.

Single underswitch taught me how to use the moment of my hand entering to be the trigger point for my full body roll...and it rolls you right up back to the surface for breath. Do this for a couple of lengths at least, before doing some double and triple underswitches.