The 1.0 Effortless Endurance Course will:
- Help you swim smarter, easier . . . faster—and enjoy it more!
- Teach you to swim a mile--and finish energized, not exhausted.
- Help you maximize the value of TI coaching.
Order Effortless Endurance if you:
- Are new to swimming or to Total Immersion;
- Struggle to swim even a short distance or tire easily;
- Feel stagnant or wish to enjoy swimming again;
- Have learned TI, but want an update/upgrade/refresher.
The Effortless Endurance Course is organized into five sequential lessons:
Lesson 1 Comfort and Body Control teaches you to feel weightless in the water and to gain control over your body, bringing three benefits: (1) Immediate significant energy savings; (2) The physical foundation for continuous long-term improvement; (3) The comfort, calm, and self-awareness that make every swim a pleasure.
Lesson 2 Stabilize your Core creates a super-stable core body by teaching a compact, relaxed recovery. During recovery your arm weighs 10x its weight in water—creating enormous potential to cause instability in your core. A stable core enables you to (1) Learn all skills with much more ease; (2) Immediately (and automatically) pull and kick more effectively; (3) Swim injury-free forever.
Lesson 3 Shape your Vessel significantly reduces the effort and energy cost of any distance or speed by teaching you a fishlike (long, sleek, stable) body position and stroking habits that minimize wave-making and turbulence.
Lesson 4 Breathe Easy teaches you to get all the air you need with consummate ease and comfort--and to fit your breath seamlessly into your stroke--via three key mini-skills: (1) Keep head and spine aligned. (2) Breathe with body roll. (3) Stay ‘tall’ as you breathe.
Lesson 5 Whole Stroke Study shows how all the pieces—learned in the four previous lessons--work together as a holistic system. In a holistic system all parts are intricately interrelated. This study guide, in combination with the video studies, will deepen your understanding of those relationships and empower you to make confident and knowledgeable choices about your own stroke.
The Effortless Endurance Course includes four modules:
1. Ultra-Efficient Freestyle: The Book 130 pages of the clearest, most comprehensive, best illustrated explanation of how swimming works-for any technique not only freestyle. Deconstructs every aspect of freestyle technique. Provides in-depth guidance on head and body position, the armstroke, the kick, and breathing. 50+ photos show important details.
2. The Effortless Endurance Video Series Fifteen individual videos--comprising 45 minutes of instruction--show a simple, foolproof, step-by-step method for developing an ultra-efficient freestyle. Every key movement and moment in each step and whole stroke shown above and below, in slow motion and stop action, with graphic highlights.
3. The Effortless Endurance Workbook. This companion volume to the videos gives detailed direction on how to learn effectively, bypass common errors, and make the most progress in the least time. Learn how to learn, as well as how to swim.
4. The Effortless Endurance Image Gallery. We collected the most revealing images from the Workbook in a series of galleries for each drill and skill, organized for easy review. Put them in a Ziploc bag and bring to the pool for an easy-to-follow visual guide.