TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop:
Bondi Junction/Sydney, Australia - Saturday Mornings
March 7, 14, 21, 28, 2020
DATES: Saturday mornings: March 7, 14, 21, 28, 2020
Session 1 and 4: 10:00 am - 12:30 pm, pool and classroom
Session 2 and 3: 10:00 am - 11:15 pm, pool
LOCATION: Waverley College 131 Birrell St, Waverley, Bondi Junction, Sydney NSW 2024, Australia - MAP Location: CLICK HERE
PARKING: There area around the school is often busy with School Sport, Events and Waverley Oval Sport groups.
• Birrell Street - the only side you can enter the school, at the Performing Arts Centre
• Surrounding streets Henrietta, Salisbury, Wiley, Park Parade but you will have to walk around to Birrell to enter
• School car park off Henrietta Street, (one way off Birrell) it says staff only but your are allowed to use
TUITION: $489 AUD incl. GST
COACH: This Workshop will be directed by TI Master Coach Claire Owen (< click on her name to see her bio!)
ABOUT THE POOL: Outdoor, heated 50m pool, no entry fee, no lockers. Bring any valuables to poolside where we work.
DESCRIPTION: This workshop introduces the fundamental skills and three foundations of Total Immersion swimming - balance, streamlining, stability. You will learn how to swim effortlessly and efficiently in a fun and friendly environment. The workshop includes video analysis and play back, 4 hours of pool as well as some classroom time to ask questions and learn about the principles of swimming. The workshop is suitable for people of a wide range of abilities including; - Longtime swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
Who should take this workshop?
• New swimmers who want to develop great habits.
• Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice.
• Triathletes looking to improve their stroke and use less energy and improve their swim times using less effort.
• Open Water swimmers looking to improve their stroke and make it more efficient.
What will you learn?
During the workshop you'll learn the three foundation skills of effortless distance swimming:
• Balance and Stability: Become 'weightless' by learning to cooperate with gravity instead of fighting it. Learning balance transforms struggle into smoothness and calms churning legs. It also brings the body control and mental calm necessary to learn every skill that follows.
• Sleek and Slippery: Learn to move through water, rather than move it around, by shaping your body to be longer, better aligned, more hydrodynamic; and Stroking in ways that minimize waves and turbulence. Slippery swimming means that you travel farther and easier on each stroke.
• Whole Body Propulsion: Replace churning with effortless power by connecting arm and leg actions to rhythmic, relaxed weight shifts initiated in the core. Instead of generating muscular force you’ll direct 'available' forces of body mass and gravity.
This workshop is recommended for those who can swim 50 meters or more of crawl stroke or who have studied TI skills previously via DVD. The workshop includes expert instruction, individualized feedback and video analysis.
What will you take away?
• The tools to work on a transformed stroke that will let you swim from a mile to a marathon . . . and feel energized afterward.
• The knowledge and awareness to begin a path of continuous improvement (we call it Kaizen) that can continue for decades.
• You'll enjoy swimming as never before. And the more you enjoy, the more you’ll practice and the more you'll improve.
CANCELLATION POLICY: No
refund will be issued for cancellations less than 8 days prior to the
scheduled workshop. For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled
workshop, any monies paid above the $100 deposit will be refunded in full. The
$100 deposit per person remains non-refundable, but may be transferred to any
future workshop within one year of initial registration. A transfer fee of $100