- Title: TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop: Berlin, Germany
- When: 11.02.2019 - 11.02.2019
- Where: Holmes Place Health Club Berlin - Berlin
- Category: Level 1: Freestyle Workshop
Berlin, Germany - November 2, 2019
Coach James Harding (UK/Germany). *(DE) Hinweis: Der Workshop wird
überwiegend in englischer Sprache durchgeführt.
225 € (Euros) for a one-day course. *Participants 10-12 maximum for each workshop.
Card / Paypal / Bank Transfer (via Eventbrite)
Contact: For more information please contact TI Coach James Harding at email@example.com
This workshop is recommended for those who can swim 25 meters or more of crawl stroke or who have studied TI skills previously via the Total Immersion Academy. The workshop includes expert instruction, individualised feedback and two video analysis sessions.
DESCRIPTION: Learn the fundamental skills for efficient freestyle swimming with Total Immersion technique and in only one day improve your swimming forever.
This workshop introduces the fundamental skills and three foundations of Total Immersion swimming - balance, streamlining, and stability. You will learn how to swim effortlessly and efficiently in a fun and friendly environment. The workshop is suitable for people of a wide range of abilities including; long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
Who should take this workshop?
- New swimmers who want to develop great habits.
- Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice.
- Triathletes looking to improve their stroke and use less energy and improve their swim times using less effort.
- Open Water swimmers looking to improve their stroke and make it more efficient.
What will you learn?
During the workshop you'll learn the three foundation skills of effortless distance swimming:
• Balance and Stability: Become 'weightless' by learning to cooperate with gravity instead of fighting it. Learning balance transforms struggle into smoothness and calms churning legs. It also brings the body control and mental calm necessary to learn every skill that follows.
• Streamlined: Learn to move through water, rather than move it around, by shaping your body to be longer, better aligned, more hydrodynamic; swimming in ways that minimise waves and turbulence. Streamlined swimming means that you travel farther and easier on each stroke.
• Whole Body Propulsion: Replace churning with effortless power by connecting arm and leg actions to rhythmic, relaxed weight shifts initiated in the core. Instead of generating muscular force you’ll direct 'available' forces of body mass and gravity.
9:15 - 18:00 (Please just wait outside if the doors are locked) and includes two pool sessions, presentations/questions and answers in the classroom and video analysis of your stroke in the morning and afternoon sessions.
For the classroom: A pen/notebook or you favorite note taking device.
For the pool: An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim, a swim cap, an extra pair of goggles. Flip flops or waterproof shoes. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks. A water bottle.
- Venue: Holmes Place Health Club Berlin
- City: Berlin