- Title: TI Freestyle Weekend Workshop, Chicago, IL
- When: 07.27.2019 - 07.28.2019
- Where: Edgewater Athletic Club (EAC) - Chicago
- Category: Level 1 and 2: Freestyle Workshop
July 27-28, 2019
TUITION: $495.00/person, $445.00/person if 2-3 register & pay
together. Groups are welcome to inquire for team sponsorships. Second Day
refresher options available.
REGISTRATION/PAYMENT: CLICK HERE to register.
CONTACXT: For more information please contact TI Coach Jason Jamieson at 312-975-3541 or
DESCRIPTION: Join guest TI coach, Jason Jamieson and Total Immersion Coaching Director and Master Coach Dave Cameron for a workshop to correct and rebuild the foundation of your freestyle stroke. This two-day course takes you through all the Total Immersion drills and numerous strategies for full stroke mechanics, resulting in a freestyle that is faster, easier, and more efficient for the long haul. Numerous video sessions will be uploaded for free to Dropbox for your viewing after the clinic, including instructor narration to remind you of your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable comfort in the water.
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe easy - We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
Our schedule will be as follows (subject to minor revision):
08:00 Check-in in classroom
08:00 - 9:00 Orientation and foundational instruction (in the classroom)
09:00 - 11:00 1st underwater videotaping and group instruction in the pool. (outdoor pool)
11:00 - 12:00 Lunch break
12:00 - 01:30 Classroom workshop and review of video #1
01:30 - 03:30 Group instruction in the pool (outdoor pool)
08:00 - 10:00 Group instruction in the pool.
10:00 - 11:30 Video review and Q&A
11:30- 12:30 Lunch break
12:30 - 01:30 Group instruction in the pool and 4th underwater videotaping
01:30 - 02:30 Classroom wrap-up and review of video #4
WHAT TO BRING:
Medical Release form & Easy Freestyle Users Guide sent to you on registration
An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge.
CANCELLATION POLICY: For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, a 50% refund can be provided or a transfer to a later workshop with the YWCA is available.
No refund will be issued for cancellations less 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop unless a doctor’s note can be provided.
- Venue: Edgewater Athletic Club (EAC)
- City: Chicago
- State: IL