- Title: TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop: Sudbury, MA
- When: 06.22.2019 - 06.22.2019
- Where: Atkinson Pool: Town of Sudbury - Sudbury
- Category: Level 1 and 2: Freestyle Workshop
- Click Here To Register
Atkinson Pool, 40 Fairbank Road, Sudbury, MA 01776, 978-639-3257. Pool is a pleasant 82 degrees.
Discounts are available for 2 or more people signing up together as well as other swimming group discounts, special rates for active duty fire, police, and service people. Discounts also available for refresher courses. Please contact Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org.
: Credit Card
CONTACT: For more information please contact Denise Edkins at email@example.com
ABOUT THE COACH: A great opportunity to work with TI Level 3 Coach Erin Glynn. Erin Glynn is a Total Immersion L3 Coach/ Director (Master Coach in training) and certified ACSM Exercise Physiologist. She has over 35 years’ experience in the fitness industry. She has a wealth of experience teaching all ages and abilities. She has completed the San Diego Rock n' Roll Marathon, Boston Marathon, countless Triathlons, road races and swims as well as completing the Nevis to St. Kitts Cross Channel Swim.
DESCRIPTION: This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable level of comfort in the water. We often have newer swimmers and veteran triathletes learning at the same time to improve their speed and efficiency, and the TI foundation allows all swimmers to progress together.
Our coaches are some of the most active Total Immersion Directors and have worked with athletes
from complete beginner to professional triathlete.
This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable comfort in the water.
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe easy - We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
Our schedule will be as follows (subject to minor revision):
07:00 am - 08:00 am - Check in/ classroom
08:00 am -10:00 am - Group instruction and 1st video taping in pool
10:00 am - 10:30 am - light snack (bring your own)
10:30 am - 11:30 am - Classroom, review of video 1
11:30 am - 01:30 pm - Group instruction and 2nd videotaping in the pool
01:30 pm - 02:30 pm - Video analysis and wrap-up
Medical Release form & Easy Freestyle Users Guide sent to you on registration,
An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim, a swim cap, an extra pair of goggles – mirrored goggles are best, but tinted would be good, too. Waterproof sun block, rash guard or sun shirt (if you burn easily), SPF lip protection. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. Something warm to wear after the swim. A water bottle and light lunch. A pen/notebook or your favorite note taking device.
No refund will be issued for cancellations less than 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop. For cancellations at least 8 days prior to the scheduled workshop, any monies paid above the $100 deposit will be refunded in full. The $100 deposit per person remains non-refundable, but may be transferred to any future workshop within one year of initial registration. A transfer fee of $100 will apply.
- Venue: Atkinson Pool: Town of Sudbury
- City: Sudbury
- State: MA