TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop:
Sedbergh, Cumria, UK - 31 March 2019
LOCATION: Sedbergh School, Loftus Hill, Cumbria, LA10 5HG, United Kingdom; MAP
TUITION: £200/person - 8:45 - 17.30
PAYMENT TYPE: BACS transfer
REGISTRATION: To register please contact Salka Hintikka on 07506 548538 or email@example.com
CONTACT: For more information please contact Salka Hintikka on 07506 548538 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE COACHES: You'll be learning from TI Level 3 Coach Salka Hintikka and Master Coach Jai Evans.
DESCRIPTION: The day consists of 2 x 2 hour pool sessions and 3 classrooms sessions, including before and after video analysis. There will be maximum of 5 students per coach and the instruction is very "hands on" i.e. the coaches are in the pool with you to demonstrate, guide and correct. Our widely tested drill sequence is logical and moves from simple to more complex in small, achievable steps.
Through the classroom session you will get an understanding of the principles of efficient front crawl and how to practice at home. The detailed video analysis will give each swimmer personalised feedback and you will know exactly what your priorities for home practice are.
Who will benefit from this workshop?
• New swimmers who want to develop great habits (but can swim 50m front crawl unaided)
• Swimmers who have struggled to improve.
• Self-coached swimmers who would like expert assessment and advice.
• Long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
• Open Water swimmers looking to make their stroke more efficient.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
We believe that the fastest, smartest way to increase your endurance or speed is to reduce energy waste (drag). During the workshop you'll learn the core TI stroke mechanics, which are the foundation of effortless distance swimming:
• BALANCE AND STABILITY - become 'weightless' by learning to cooperate with gravity instead of fighting it. Find calm and relaxation in water.
• SLEEK AND SLIPPERY - learn to move through water, rather than move it around, by:
• Shaping your body to be longer, better aligned, more hydrodynamic; and
• Stroking in ways that minimise waves and turbulence.
• WHOLE BODY PROPULSION - replace churning with effortless power by connecting arm and leg actions to rhythmic, relaxed weight shifts initiated in the core.
• BREATH EASY - we’ll also teach how to improve your breath management and breathing technique.
SCHEDULE: Our schedule will be as follows (subject to minor revision):
08:45 - 09:00 - Check in
09:00 - 10:00 - Classroom instruction
10:00 - 12:00 - Group instruction in the pool (1st video)
12:00 - 12:30 - Lunch (bring a packed lunch with you)
12:30 - 14:00 - Classroom instruction and video analysis
14:00 - 16:00 - Group instruction on the pool (2nd video)
16:00 - 17:00 - Video analysis and wrap up
WHAT TO BRING:
For the classroom: A pen/notebook or your favourite note taking device. A water bottle and light lunch. Something warm to wear after the swim.
For the pool: An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim, a swim cap, an extra pair of goggles. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make achieving balance more challenging. A rash vest might help if you tend to get cold easily.
Cancellations at least 10 days prior to the scheduled workshop are subject to a 50% admin fee. Cancellations within 10 days can be transferred to another person but not refunded.