- Title: TI Effortless Endurance & Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop: Sudbury, MA
- When: 12.15.2018 - 12.16.2018
- Where: Atkinson Pool: Town of Sudbury - Sudbury
- Category: Level 1 and 2: Freestyle Workshop
- Click Here To Register
Atkinson Pool, 40 Fairbank Road, Sudbury, MA 01776, 978-639-3257. Pool is a pleasant 82 degrees.
$595.00/person for both days - just click the orange registration button at the top.
Discounts are available for 2 or more people signing up together as well as other group discounts, special rates for active duty fire, police, and service people. Discounts also available for refresher courses. Please contact Denise at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested in JUST ONE of the courses? See below:
CLICK HERE - $295.00 for the ONE day (Saturday - December 15 only) Level 1 - TI Effortless Endurance Freestyle Workshop
CLICK HERE - $295 for the ONE day (Sunday - December 16 only) Level 2 - TI Smart Speed Freestyle Workshop
Discounts available for 2 or more people signing up at the same time or special Triathlete, USMS or other group rates contact email@example.com
: Credit Card
CONTACT: For more information please contact Denise Edkins at firstname.lastname@example.org
COACH: A great opportunity to work with TI Master Coach Celeste St. Pierre, a seasoned triathlete and athlete. Celeste is known for professional manner and a great understanding for how people learn. She has had a lot of experience with her own training over the years using her insight and introspection to give her a greater understanding of how to present information to a variety of people - with a special twist of humor when needed!
DESCRIPTION: This two-day course takes you through all the Total Immersion drills and numerous strategies for full stroke mechanics. Resulting in a freestyle that is faster, easier, and more efficient for the long haul. Numerous video sessions will be uploaded for free to Dropbox for your viewing after the clinic, including instructor narration to remind you of your strengths and opportunities for improvement.
Our coaches are some of the most active Total Immersion Directors and have worked with athletes
from complete beginner to professional triathlete.
This clinic is appropriate for any ability level with a reasonable comfort in the water.
1. Cooperate with Gravity - Most swimmers fight gravity trying to stay on top of the water. We teach you to find your natural equilibrium by sinking into weightlessness. Learning to relax into the water breaks the “survival- stroking” cycle, and frees your arms and legs for their best use. Besides, gravity is a powerful natural force; doesn’t it make more sense to use it than fight it?
2. Take the Path of Least Resistance - Once you understand that you must swim through the water — and mindful that water is almost 800 times denser than air — it’s logical to focus more on how well you streamline than how you pull and kick. We’ll teach you to shape yourself to cut through the water like a torpedo by alternating a right-side-streamline with a left-side-streamline. Each stroke will move you farther and faster with less effort.
3. Swim with your body - Traditional thinking about swimming treats the body as having an “arms department” that pulls you forward and a “legs department” that pushes you forward. In Fishlike Freestyle, you swim with your whole body, instead of your arms and legs. We’ll teach you to propel with a simple 2-beat kick, relaxed and rhythmic weight shifts, rather than arm-and-leg churning.
4. Breathe easy - We’ll also teach you about breathing easily as you swim. No more breathlessness, no worries about choking. The air is free, take all you need.
1. Swimming ‘Gears’, Learn your own best swimming gears . . . like those on a bicycle. Change speeds simply by adding a stroke to your count. Discover your best range of 3 stroke counts for this skill, and practice using them with expert guidance.
2. The Magic of Tempo A Tempo Trainer is an improvement-minded swimmer’s best friend. Use it to make striking gains in efficiency--then convert that efficiency into more speed. Sometimes or less and with an ease that will surprise you.
3. The Math of Speed The equation Stroke Length x Stroke Rate (SL x SR) is the only exact and guaranteed predictor of how fast you’ll swim. Learn simple exercises and formulas for creating and solving speed problems. Also learn the combination of SPL+Tempo that precisely matches your present level of skill and fitness.
Our schedule will be as follows (subject to minor revision):
Please note there has been a major change to the schedule on 11/9/18
08:45 - 10:00 Check-in
and classroom workshop
10:15 - 12:15 Group instruction in the pool, video #1
12:15 - 01:00 Light Lunch - usually in classroom
01:00 - 02:15 Classroom workshop and review of video #1
02:30 - 04:30 Group instruction and 2nd videotaping in the pool
04:45 - 05:30 Video analysis and wrap-up
07:00 - 08:15 Check-in and classroom workshop
08:15 - 10:15 Group instruction in the pool
10:15 - 11:15 Light Lunch/Snack – usually a working lunch in classroom
11:15 - 12:15 Classroom Workshop
12:15 - 02:15 Group instruction and 3rd videotaping in the pool
(Must get out of pool quickly, swim meet following)
02:15 - 03:15 Video analysis and wrap-up
Medical Release form & Easy Freestyle Users Guide sent to you on registration
An extra suit & towel if you want dry ones for the afternoon swim, a swim cap, an extra pair of goggles – mirrored goggles are best, but tinted would be good, too. Waterproof sun block, rash guard or sun shirt (if you burn easily), SPF lip protection. We recommend that male students wear a Speedo-type brief or close-fitting triathlon swim shorts, rather than loose-fitting swim trunks, which can make balance even more of a challenge. Something warm to wear after the swim. A water bottle and light lunch. A pen/notebook or your favorite note taking device.
Workshop tuition includes a $300 non-refundable deposit or $100 deposit for a one-day course. No refund will be issued for cancellations made less than 2 weeks prior to the start of the scheduled workshop. Tuition can be transferred to another workshop for a $100 transfer fee. Transfer requests must be made no later than 2 weeks prior to the event. No refund or transfer is available for any reason for cancellations made with less than 2 weeks notice.
- Venue: Atkinson Pool: Town of Sudbury
- City: Sudbury
- State: MA